Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Players that think they're better than they are.

• 26-10-2008 5:41pm

Robbie Savage immediately springs to mind. As talented as a dead miner. Drogba is a top player but for some reason I reckon he thinks he's the best in the world even though he's rarely fit now. I think Fletcher thinks he's good just because he plays for Man U but when he plays for an average side (Scotlandsmile.gif) he struggles to make an impact. Barry Ferguson seems to think that just because he can run a game in the SPL that he is God. Out of his comfort zone at Blackburn and although he was unlucky with injuries he did seem a bit out of place.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Ronaldo. (The fake one)

When asked recently who was the best player ever, he said it was him.

he has reason to think he's good though mate, i'm more more inclined for someone like Henri Camara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

So you agree then that Ronaldo is the best player ever :rolleyes:

You asked a question, who is a player who thinks he is better than he is, he thinks he is the best player ever.

He is not, he fits the bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

NANI NANI NANI NANI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Woodgate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

paddyg91

This is the 'People who think they're better at starting threads than they are' thread isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Ah right, didn't realise it was that tool starting pointless threads again... I do jump at any chance to badmouth Nani though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

WTF?

There are some ridiculous threads being started here in the last couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Xavi6 wrote: »
    paddyg91

This is the 'People who think they're better at starting threads than they are' thread isn't it?

No need to make your point in every topic. Personally I'm finding your posts more irritating in the last few topics

I'd go for David Bentley. Always comes across as someone who thinks he is a great player whenever I have seen his interviews

Unearthly wrote: »
    No need to make your point in every topic. Personally I'm finding your posts more irritating in the last few topics

Lol 'every'? I've posted in 2 of the threads.

Feel free to put me on ignore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ronaldo. (The fake one)

When asked recently who was the best player ever, he said it was him.

Really? Where :) That sounds like a fun interview to read :)

Xavi6 wrote: »
    paddyg91

head_up_ass.jpg

take it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Nani is pretty useless at the best of times but seems to have that arrogance his portugese teammate shares, that he is god. Ashley Cole is another who comes to mind. Wes Brown, the cheek of this guy to refuse to sign a contract extension last season for United holding out for more money. This is a guy that has scored about 15-20 own goals since 1999 for United. That in itself must be a record for a defender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Nani is one of the best young prospects in the EPL. He has not hit the heights of greatness at an early age like Ronaldo, Rooney, Walcott (who would if he got any amount of regular game time, why he wasnt loaned out i will never know) etc etc. He is a work in progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

eh, most players think they are better then they are tbh, you kind of need that confidence or you wont make it very far

where did Ronaldo say he was the best ever? id like to see that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,447 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

it was at the premier of the new Giggs DVD - himself, Rio and Anderson were walking in together and they were all asked; Ronnie DID say he was, but I honestly doubt he was being serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Tauren wrote: »
    it was at the premier of the new Giggs DVD - himself, Rio and Anderson were walking in together and they were all asked; Ronnie DID say he was, but I honestly doubt he was being serious.

tbh can anyone under the age of 60 truly claim to know the best ever? I could say Maradona or Pele, but it is more what other people say mixed with a few great clips than having watched him over 18 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Craig Bellamy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Esse85 wrote: »
    Craig Bellamy

LOL, I came here to post this.

Trumped up little upstart, who epitimises everything that is wrong with game today. How this **** thought he was good enough to take the piss out of Bobby Robson is beyond me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Giovani Dos Santos
    Ashley Cole
    Guti
    Jens Lehmann

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

PHB wrote: »
    Really? Where :) That sounds like a fun interview to read :)
    kryogen wrote: »
    eh, most players think they are better then they are tbh, you kind of need that confidence or you wont make it very far

where did Ronaldo say he was the best ever? id like to see that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

As much as I hate Ronaldo you really gotta admire that confidence...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

LMAO at Anderson in that vid! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

Eamonn Dunphy :D:D:D:D

Tauren wrote: »

that was a joke though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

deise59 wrote: »
    LMAO at Anderson in that vid! :D:D:D

why? I dont get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

George O'Callaghan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

LOL, I came here to post this.

Trumped up little upstart, who epitimises everything that is wrong with game today. How this **** thought he was good enough to take the piss out of Bobby Robson is beyond me.

Eh, I think if you read up on some of his charity work and initiatives outside football you may end up with a different opinion.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Eh, I think if you read up on some of his charity work and initiatives outside football you may end up with a different opinion.

I'll give him his dues there, but for the sh/t he gave Bobby Robson, i'll never look favorably on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,447 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

that was a joke though.

yeah - hence me doubting he was serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Steven Gerrard, thinks the liverpool team should be built around him when it should be built around Xabi Alonso

Also thinks he is too good to be played on the wings.

Steven Gerrard, thinks the liverpool team should be built around him when it should be built around Xabi Alonso

Also thinks he is too good to be played on the wings.

Lol wait til the Pool massive see this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Massive Massive +1. He only plays well in the last 5 minutes of games when Liverpool are behind or drawing normally ending in a goal or in big games. Other than that he's annonymous

If Andy Gray posted on this board, he would lynch ya for such comments over his 'little beauty'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    why? I dont get it?

The kid doesn't have a word of English, so when the mic came over to him he just copied what Rio said word for word.

• Advertisement
Advertisement