Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starfall; OP or Not?

Options
  • 26-10-2008 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Discuss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Probably

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

not as op as deep freeze, brain freeze and fingers of frost though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

speaking of 51 point talents, id just like to say how much fap haunt is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

51 point talents:

dispersion is a bit **** but looks awesome
    beacon of light IS awesome
    beasmastery is pretty fun
    deep freeze owns
    killing spree is cool but sometimes dumps you like 10 feet from the mob you used it on if it hits too many

not had too much time to play around with the 51 point feral one yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Arcane barrage seems bit op:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Arcane barrage seems bit op:(

Yep it is, but an awful lot of fun too :)
    The proc (forget what it's called) that lets you shoot the Arcane missiles rapidly is also a tad overpowered, especially if they all crit.

Glass cannon and all that though, Arcane Mages are still easy to kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

Starfall is definitely overpowered, would expect a range reduction nerf to come or not affecting stealthed units.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

the reason these seem overpowered...is because they are wotlk talents, specced for level 80

everyone is moaning about OP etc etc on wow forums etc and ingame.

I for one...am ****ting myself at the thought of what im going to have to face in WOTLK in pve...the talents we have now...are for level 70....the gear we have...will soon be replaced....

It is going to be mayhem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

pve is dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

Unless arenas are going to be twice as big, Starfall will still be OP at 80.

sunzz wrote: »
    pve is dog.
    pve is king

not sure what you mean by dog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Ah i was only messing alan, I don't mind pve all that much as I have to do it to get certain items for pvp.
    by dog i just mean bad :D
    Just In a heavy pve guild I dislike the time restriction you have as in be on at x and be here at y 4 nights a week.

I suppose thats what makes wow good for everyone the casuals do their thing and the hardcore players like lee do their thing :D

Reform alert.cs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

couldnt agree more that the pve time restraints are a complete killer, but like it or not, its pve and NOT pvp that keep people playing wow. its really as simple as that. Beyond all the stupid pandering to arena and pvp-enforced nerfs, the massive playerbase is created and maintened by pve.

sunzz wrote: »
    Ah i was only messing alan, I don't mind pve all that much as I have to do it to get certain items for pvp.
    by dog i just mean bad :D
    Just In a heavy pve guild I dislike the time restriction you have as in be on at x and be here at y 4 nights a week.

I suppose thats what makes wow good for everyone the casuals do their thing and the hardcore players like lee do their thing :D

Reform alert.cs :D
    if cs worked from my college accomodation i'd be all over it :P

as for the dog comment i just didnt know if it meant bad or like the dogs bollocks :D

edit: and yeah i definately agree on the time sink thing of pve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Yeah I'm seriously considering moving to a PVE server. There is zero point to being on a PVP server nowadays, unless you like running around in Arena gear ganking people tyring to do quests. There's such an imbalance between those with resilence gear and those without that it's barely worth bothering to fight back!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

At this stage, im rarely anywhere where I get ganked.

I dont go to isla danas anymore for dailies, I just do instances with mates and guild...more fun, more gold, more loot to sell or keep, just more fun.

However if we do stumble across alliance,we make sure to make their life hell...as they did with me in isle of danas.

I'm sure come wotlk, older instances etc will have their lockout times reduced, come wotlk there is no need to have classic instances locked/saved at all, and im sure saved times will drop for tbc instances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

CrossBreed wrote: »
    Discuss.

Sorry??

Advertisement