Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Netopia Router limited to 3 wireless connections?

Options
  • 26-10-2008 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

ok, Here's the deal.

I've got a netopia eircom router. I've gone 3 laptops connected to it. 1 wired (and wireless) the other 2 are wire less and working grand.

I've tried to add a 4th laptop wirelessly but the router refuses to assign it an ip address. Initially i thought it was a dodgy laptop build (i built it myself) so i rebuilt it. still no joy. I got a 5th laptop and that one won't get an IP address either, I've tried connecting my mobile to the wireless connection but that doesn't get an IP either.

I've gone through the router and i cant see anything screamingly obvious that would limit me to a handfull of IP addresses. Am i missing something blatantly obvious or is it something else?

Cheers,

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Mac address filtering?

What range have you set it to assign ip addresses from?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Most likely a very small DHCP pool, what setting have you got? You can always just manually assign the IP.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

DHCP Start Address: 192.168.1.1
    DHCP End Address: 192.168.1.200

no mac address filtering

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Something somewhere is broken.

Make your DHCP pool smaller and assign addresses outside the pool, manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

well i figured it out.....

its amazing how when you write down a wep key that a "4" can look like an "a"

stoopid handwriting

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

ctrl + c
    ctrl + v

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

WEP is easily broken. Use WPA AES PSK

Ctrl C and CtrV doesn't work well between PCs and once typed in many routers display a row of ***************

There is a program you can download to show the keys used on yout OWN PC/Laptop.

watty wrote: »
    There is a program you can download to show the keys used on yout OWN PC/Laptop.
    WirelessKeyView

I would assume you would copy the key directly from the router and save onto a usb key...

Advertisement