Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friend caught with DUI. Help appreciated

• 26-10-2008 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine, who's about 32/33 and with no previous offences for anything, got caught DUI. He was meant to be staying with a friend, who let him down. After getting a taxi back from town to the local, he drove up the road to a friends house, cops (who were waiting for some schmuck outside the pub) pulled him just before he got there. They brought him to the station, where he says he complied with everything they asked of him.

BUT, the charge sheet that says that they took him to a different station. And when he blew into the big machine it did not work the first time he blew into it. Says that the guards accused him of not breathing into it properly, but that blew exactly the same three times (i.e. the first of which did not register).

He's got a solicitor. any advice, besides the fact that he's an idiot. Everybody has told him already.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Tell him to grow a pair, do the honourable thing and take the medicine.

I know this is Legal Discussion and not After Hours but DUI is stupid and dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Not particulary helpful. The Gardaí have to comply with procedure.

He should be discussing this with a solictor as we cannot offer legal advice here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

+1
    His solicitor is the best bet. I don't think you'll get better advice on the internet.

unless.......
    ........maybe the Guard wasn't wearing his hat, hmmm.*

*that was a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No need for that. Yet. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

I'd let his solicitor handle it.
    He made a mistake.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Pointless thread really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement