Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

05 Ford Mondeo Heated Front Windscreen Problem

Options
  • 26-10-2008 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a 05 Ford Mondeo. I've recently noticed that when I switch on the front windscreen heater the elements on the passengers side do not appear to work. It works perfectly on the drivers side.

Does anyone know what could be causing this or have a solution?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 karlx5

keizer wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a 05 Ford Mondeo. I've recently noticed that when I switch on the front windscreen heater the elements on the passengers side do not appear to work. It works perfectly on the drivers side.

Does anyone know what could be causing this or have a solution?

Thanks.

it happend to me i got a new screen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

I had a similar problem in my 05 Mondeo. It happened after I got a replacement windscreen. Not sure how contact is made electrically on this or if it may have been a faulty screen. Either way, as soon as the next big chip occured on the screen I got it replaced under insurance and the next one had no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

IIRC each half of the screen is connected separately, and each half also has a separate 25 or 30A fuse (those front windscreens use a lot of juice!), so it might be worth checking the fuses first. The locations should be in the handbook, otherwise Google it. Could also be a connection come loose somewhere, but I don't know how easy it is to get to the connectors to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭keizer

Thanks for all the replies. I was hoping it might just be a fuse. I'll have a look at it over next few days as it's really annoying.

Advertisement