Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back-up/Update mistake

• 26-10-2008 7:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

So I updated the software on my Nokia 5310 XpressMusic today, using the Nokia Updater thing and a usb, as I was going throught the steps I thought it had said that the phone had created a "system restore", but it hadn't. After updating my phone, I found out I lost all my messages (some of which I needed) and everything from my calendar.

Is there anyway of getting back all this stuff? Even if it means going backto the old software (which I wouldn't mind as the new one is very annoying)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Nope, that's why they warn you to ensure you have backup your phone before flashing it.

Do you have any previous backups saved? If so then you will at least get most of your numbers back if not all.

MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Cheers. All my numbers, music, videos and pictures were saved on my memory card thank god, just lost my messages and calendar stuff. Doesn't matter.

Advertisement