Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An interesting read

Options
  • 26-10-2008 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭

http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Board:UCD

It talks about the history of the UCD board and is quite interesting IMO. It lists some but not all of UCD's regular posters (I am not there, so its a bit out of date:)). Anyway I was a bit bored so I am looking at random stuff and if you are a bit bored have a gander.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

The "regulars" on that are definitely from the old days of much beering.

I wouldn't recommend doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm listed - and that hasn't been updated in a long time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

OH yeah, myself and blowfish updated that like two years ago, don't think it's really be touched since...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I'm listed - and that hasn't been updated in a long time!

You are getting old:p

• Advertisement

Chinafoot wrote: »
    I wouldn't recommend doing that.

Eh...just in case anyone is wondering, there was deleted post by pride fighter before that post. :rolleyes:

Eh...just in case anyone is wondering, there was deleted post by pride fighter before that post. :rolleyes:

Was there, I think you are going mad:p
    Only joking

Should the UCD Boards awards ever happen again, may I suggest this one for 'most pointless thread' ?

Should the UCD Boards awards ever happen again, may I suggest this one for 'most pointless thread' ?

I have finished an essay, it is the bank holiday weekend, I am bored and I am stuck indoors.

I'll gladly take the award though:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wow that takes me back.

I recognise a few names about the place but whatever happened to the likes of Tribulus, Alana, kittenkiller, kasintahan, Scraggs, Waltons, B-K-DzR, elmyra, singingstranger, Blondie83, Peachypants and Seb?

Memories...
    Like the corners of my mind,
    Misty water-coloured memories,
    Of the way we were. :(

Excuse me I have something in my eye...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Lol I remember that, A poll voted me Mod of the forum and it went to a trinner ! Happy days.

This forum used to be a good laugh. Now, who needs to know the opening times of the library?

"Grimes:man known by many, but understood by few.

An Archaeologist in training he's often sighted in UCD hanging out at the wall having a few smokes.

He also became the newest member of the UCD Archaeological Societys Hoody Subcommittee as well as being a general crazy man who for some reason was allowed to take control of the airwaves for some time on Belfield FM.

He is also noted for the ability to look ever so fetching in lurid pink.

Has a number of homies including the delightful Scraggs but he denies there is anything going on there... Has also tried to ask Stepherunie out but to no avail. This is probably due to her infatuation with irlrobins. Grimes still has a better chance though over the rather large headed irlrobins.

Retrieved from "http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Grimes"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Heh heh Grimesy that really does bring me back...

Mine isn't much better either though!

Ofter wrongly presuumed to be the shortest poster on UCD forum on boards (according to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054911810 she is only the second shortest by 1/2 an inch). But what she lacks in height, she makes up in madness. An almost qualified health care person, she can be found mainly on the UCD board but makes brief interludes over in biology and medicine.

A true Corkonian, she generally knows far too much random information for her own good. Considered to have the perfect bra size by irlrobins. However to date no one has been able to say for certain her correct size.

Having recently returned for a brief interlude in her academic career at the University of Malta she is firmly back to the humdrum life of lectures and study. She remains a stalwart of the board and a general crazy person.

http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/User:Stepherunie

I recognise a few names about the place but whatever happened to the likes of Tribulus, Alana, kittenkiller, kasintahan, Scraggs, Waltons, B-K-DzR, elmyra, singingstranger, Blondie83, Peachypants and Seb?

/waves

Wow that takes me back.

Unlike me, I think they grew up and moved on!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ive just found myself not on boards at all as much anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Why don't I get one? I've been here long enough to be most people's granddad...

/waves

You?! :eek:

What the flip? :pac:
    Unlike me, I think they grew up and moved on!

We can't be condoning that sort of thing.

I actually remember how the UCD board got a fair few visits from the Trinity board and vice-versa. Shame that ended up stopping. I miss snorlax and kevin. :(

There just doesn't seem to be a huge amount of fun around this board any more in general, most of the posts seem to be from first years trying to work out how to deal with whatever inane aspect of UCD admin they're coming up against this week.

It's a little sad in a way - but it does seem to reflect the way things have gone in the college in general, Horizons has made college a whole lot less fun than it was a few years ago.

Oul'wan mode off.

That's an interesting observation. I hadn't thought of that. I do recall college seemed to be a lot less stressful when there were no Christmas exams to worry about. There was more of a jovial attitude around the place.

There just doesn't seem to be a huge amount of fun around this board any more in general, most of the posts seem to be from first years trying to work out how to deal with whatever inane aspect of UCD admin they're coming up against this week.

It's a little sad in a way - but it does seem to reflect the way things have gone in the college in general, Horizons has made college a whole lot less fun than it was a few years ago.

Oul'wan mode off.

Is the library open on weekends? I need to study, help, HELP!!!

:pac::D:):cool::P:pac::D:p:):P:cool::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Oul'wan mode off.

Yeah definitely! I think it's not just confined to boards.ie. (Remember the afternoon drinking sessions in the run up to exams in 2005?)

That's an interesting observation. I hadn't thought of that. I do recall college seemed to be a lot less stressful when there were no Christmas exams to worry about. There was more of a jovial attitude around the place.

People seemed to relax and enjoy semester 1 a lot more, especially first years. Now though, with exams 13 weeks after the start of term, it does make it more difficult to make time for fun stuff. I would assume this goes for clubs and societies too, because it's close to exam season a lot more of the time now.

Advertisement