Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dead Space Completion Time

• 26-10-2008 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭

SO i just completed dead space..Just wondering what ye all thought of the final boss,the way they allowed for a sequel and how long it took to complete it.

Difficulty: Medium
    Time: 9hrs 01mins

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

i'm 5 hours into it.....any idea how much xtra vision are giving a a trade in....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Dont like it monkey nah??? bought it friday but playing FC and Fable all weekend

nah, don't see how it won any awards, can't find anything appealing about it...seen it all before......Bio Shock seemed a lot better....

Roll on the 7th and Gears

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

nah, don't see how it won any awards, can't find anything appealing about it...seen it all before......Bio Shock seemed a lot better....

Roll on the 7th and Gears

Horses courses and all that, I feel the same about Far Cry 2, don't know how the hell it got the review scores it did.

Dead Space is just short of a masterpiece in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

I agree with Captain Chaos, pretty close to a masterpiece and better than bioshock IMO. I'm on chapter 10 and I can honestly say only one part has been poor -
    shooting the asteroids
    and that only took about 5 goes to complete.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Was fairly undecided about picking this up, but if it can be cleared in under 10 hours I might as well grab a copy...
    All of these epic length games are killing me, nowhere near enough hours in the day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

far cry is a decent game, online is kinda bad if you compare it to other games.. it loses alot of its orginality pretty fast.. Dead Space though im enjoying alot more its deffo a keeper ive yet to curse while playing it other than getting a fright :D im on chapter 6 with abour 5 or so hours play..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I flew through the first two chapters in just over an hour on normal and decided to restart the game on hard. It is still very playable but you have to be far more conservative with your ammo and you have to use stasis etc as well. If anything this adds to the scare factor - nothing worse than only have 5 plasma bolts left and not knowing what's around the next corner...

Definately a great game in my books. Not sure if it's a keeper though. Once I complete it there won't be anything left to do i.e. no multiplayer.

Horses courses and all that, I feel the same about Far Cry 2, don't know how the hell it got the review scores it did.

Dead Space is just short of a masterpiece in my book.

I take back what I said, It's a great game, it's finally starting to challenge and scare me....I jumped out of the chair last night.....A+ for dead space....

Anyone know what to do in chaper 6, I seem to be runnin around shooting fat guys in the ventelation system but completly missing my first objective...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

i'm 5 hours into it.....any idea how much xtra vision are giving a a trade in....

On games that are new out you would get around €40 trade price

I'm on the part with the asteroids at the mo, very good game. Quite scary if you play alone and in the dark with 5.1 sound going! fair amount of scares so far.

• Advertisement

On games that are new out you would get around €40 trade price

I'm on the part with the asteroids at the mo, very good game. Quite scary if you play alone and in the dark with 5.1 sound going! fair amount of scares so far.

Cool have to finish it before gears comes out...

That astroid part is a pain in the stones...took me about 15 attempts to shoot down the rocks with the laser cannon....
    +1 for scares, I jumped last night, I shot an ammo crate and a little bugger jumped out of it....Yelp:)

What difficulty are you guys playing on? There's a free Elite suit you can download for the game from Xbox Live (disclaimer: or at least there was on Thursday).

Thanks for the Tip, i'm doing it on normal but i'm stuck on level 6 (hydrophonics area), I just don't know what to do, I'm running around and can't find the objective.....anyone help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

silvine wrote: »
    What difficulty are you guys playing on? There's a free Elite suit you can download for the game from Xbox Live (disclaimer: or at least there was on Thursday).

I'm on normal. I got the suit, looks cool! free stuff is nice....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

the funny thing is,is that the thread was started to see how long it took to complete but not one person has said how long it took them to complete the game..btw the game does get harder as you go along and you will defo have to use stasis weapon for certain creatures that run at you...these monsters come into play around chapter 9 or 10 and are just after you enter the ship that tried to rescue you...Personally i wouldnt advise buying this game...Although its a great game with a lot of cool features,theres no longevity in it...tbh rent it for a week complete it and be done with it...gow2 ftw:):)

anyone know how to kill the big blog in Chapter 6 act 6....I can shoot all the tenticles off them he starts spitting meteors at me again then he retreats and the tentcicles come out again......

it's doing my head in...

Shoot the meteor things close to or before they leave the mouth, about 7 or 8 will do it on normal. Or if you run out of ammo, catch them and throw them back at him.

Fol20 wrote: »
    the funny thing is,is that the thread was started to see how long it took to complete but not one person has said how long it took them to complete the game

The OP posted that it took him 9hrs on normal, don't know how he managed that myself. I'm at the start of ch7 and just over 7 hrs into it. He must have just run and gun though the whole thing:D.

Well i must admit that the free dlc for the suit was a real bonus..it saved ne a load in buying suits and also allowed me stock up on a lot of med packs

Anyone buy the other Red Scorpion suit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I like to take my time and explore every room so I'm going fairly slow, on chapter 11 and 11.30 hrs in! Not sure if I buy the lack of longevity aspect, I think theres still nothing wrong with a game that's not just multiplayer-based

well put it this way..im a student,,barely any money..gaming is my passion and i want to get the most out of it...I think games are over priced at 60e each and if i can only get 9 hours out of one and limitless hours out of another ill leave it up to you to decide which one ill go for..Plus im not big into replaying campaigns as the ai usually dont change..Therefore my conclusion is that if its only single player with around 10-20 hours completion time,your better off renting it and saving a load of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

I never understand why people wonder why they ram through the game and of course they werent playing it as hard as possible

Play your games as hard as possible... it makes them much longer

Dead space is a decent challenge on the hardest difficulty.. although im only a few chapters as ive been stuck into fc2 - which is huge long game fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Mr.888

anyone have any ideas on how to pass the part shooting all the asteroids coming at me, keep dying and its frustrating me so I moved on to another game for months, want to get back to it but dont want to waste another hour trying to blast those damn rocks!! any tips??

Mr.888 wrote: »
    anyone have any ideas on how to pass the part shooting all the asteroids coming at me, keep dying and its frustrating me so I moved on to another game for months, want to get back to it but dont want to waste another hour trying to blast those damn rocks!! any tips??

ha, you haven't even reached the hard bit, i'm stuck on the part with the tenticles, now that's friggin hard..

for the asteroids use both triggers and concentrate on the big rocks in the middle the little ones hitting the corner aren't enough to destroy the hull..

any one any tips for the tenticles..it done my head in, tried it a good few times, haven't played the game since..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Mr.888

ha, you haven't even reached the hard bit, i'm stuck on the part with the tenticles, now that's friggin hard..

for the asteroids use both triggers and concentrate on the big rocks in the middle the little ones hitting the corner aren't enough to destroy the hull..

any one any tips for the tenticles..it done my head in, tried it a good few times, haven't played the game since..

Thanks, going to try that tip, I love this game and want to get back into it, if tenticles is harder Im fkd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Mr.888 wrote: »

Aye it was one of the last achieves i got for DS (the >50% hull one). All I can say is try to shoot the larger asteroids as soon as ya can, that and a ton of patience.

And by the tentacles do you mean the slug thing sitting on the communications dish, with 5 tentacles chucking barrels and debirs at ya? Aim the gun at the yellow pods and dont move up or down and shoot any that have grabbed stuff to make em drop it. Focus on either the far left or right tentacle as soon as ya can, once you get down to 4 and then 3 it becomes a cake walk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Yeah the achievement to shoot all the asteroids while keeping the hull shields above 50% was a pain in the ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Beating the two ADS cannon sequences with half shield strength remaining was a pain the the hole. Doesn't help when you can barely see the heat level either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Cracking game. Played through it 3 times on the PS3 and now on the third playthrough on the Xbox to do Impossible. Still havent beaten either ADS cannon section though.

Advertisement