Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right-wing woman on why she supports McCain

Options
  • 26-10-2008 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭

Sorry, possibly far away from the appropriate forum here, but still, as I found it on Richarddawkins.net...

Now, ignore for a moment her bizarre reasons for her choice. Ignore the giggly racism and confidence-in-ignorance. Turn off the sound if you like.

Imagine her licking her lips between every sentence...
    Now, don't her mannerisms remind you of Heath Ledger's Joker?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

5uspect wrote: »
    embedded video isn't working
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4wQfQtpDAc

yep she's a loony.

Thanks for the link. Any idea what I did wrong?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

you forgot the - sign. you need to use every thing after the = sign.

5uspect wrote: »

you forgot the - sign. you need to use every thing after the = sign.

Oh right. Bugger, thanks.

Aaaaand now the video's in the thread three times...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Wait was Obama's father actually a muslim?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Cleaned up my posts there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

D wrote: »
    Wait was Obama's father actually a muslim?

He describes his father as being raised a Muslim but actually an atheist. A lot of people, including Richard Dawkins, suspect that Obama is actually an atheist, but expressed Christian belief in adult life to further his political campaigns

You got to love her "I can't imagine a President being called Obama" comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Wicknight wrote: »
    He describes his father as being raised a Muslim but actually an atheist. A lot of people, including Richard Dawkins, suspect that Obama is actually an atheist, but expressed Christian belief in adult life to further his political campaigns.

is that a reason to vote for him or not to vote him, really don't like those rev wright types.

is that a reason to vote for him or not to vote him, really don't like those rev wright types.

well the issue has been raised before, I think by PDN, that if it is true he is basically lying about a very important issue for a lot of Americans. there is something to be said for that argument. TBH I am some what put of by Obamas apparent desire to rise quickly. He doesn't seem to actually care that much about the issues he takes on. If I was a Christian I would question his devotion to the faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

What a stupid fat idiot. Her nervous/condescending nodding is especially irritating.

He describes his father as being raised a Muslim but actually an atheist. A lot of people, including Richard Dawkins, suspect that Obama is actually an atheist, but expressed Christian belief in adult life to further his political campaigns

You got to love her "I can't imagine a President being called Obama" comment.

I believe she said 'Ubama'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Well ladies and gents, we have found the ultimate stereotype.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Well ladies and gents, we have found the ultimate stereotype.

lol .. argreed :pac:

I think most of the posters on the Christianity forum would be rolling their eyes at this woman as much as we are. Particularly the idea that God will look after them if they just vote for the person with the strongest faith in God. I think (and I could be wrong) that that is a particularly un-Christian idea, though an idea that seems to have been embraced by the "Christian Right" in America

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I think (and I could be wrong) that that is a particularly un-Christian idea, .....
    Careful. We are not allowed to use the term un-christian. How can we, as non-christians know what un-christian behaviour is?

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

wow. Just ... wow.

... Darwin is spinning in his grave right now realising he must be wrong if THIS woman can make it to middle age.

wow. Just ... wow.

... Darwin is spinning in his grave right now realising he must be wrong if THIS woman can make it to middle age.

That's survival of the fattest for you.

Wait...do I have that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

MrPudding wrote: »
    How can we, as non-christians know what un-christian behaviour is?
    It's one of the perks of being ex-Christian!
    Imagine her licking her lips between every sentence...
    Now, don't her mannerisms remind you of Heath Ledger's Joker?
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

dead link :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

I can't play the vid. I just see a still picture of Jabba the Hutt. Anyone care to summarise? Or link?

MrPudding wrote: »
    Careful. We are not allowed to use the term un-christian. How can we, as non-christians know what un-christian behaviour is?

MrP

Meh, I'm just trolling :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement