Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDV tapes - Where to buy them in Dublin

Options
  • 26-10-2008 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭

Good evening. Just wondering if anyone knows anywhere in Dublin that I can buy some HDV tapes? Brand is not too important. Must be HDV though and need to buy in Dublin. Doing an important project next week and can't risk any dropped frames by using standard DV tapes.

Thansk guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

try D&P products/camera kit out in terenure..
    http://www.camerakit.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Thanks for that decob. Never heard of that company. I'll check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

We've been getting out tape and dvd stock from them for years. Decent people to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭nessymon

I use them too - spot on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bewlay Bros

You're probably sorted by now but for future ref Pixels and the Sony Centre (by the Shelbourne Hotel) stock mini HDV tapes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

You don't need a hd tape to capture hd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

I know but using standard DV tapes gives me a higher chance of getting drop-outs, which I could not have with my last project

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

good point :p

Advertisement