Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

house site

• 26-10-2008 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi all
    what would it cost to build a 133m2 2 story house with detatched garage
    simple square house to a half decent spec in rural cavan

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Some good info here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 carpet1

thanks smashey
    i just need to know a buget for all works for the mortgage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

This might not be the answer you are looking for but that link Smashey really does have the best information available without going into specifics whish ya can't really do unless ya have a set of plans and a spec list. For rough mortgage figures its pretty ok to use them figures but for applying for a mortgage they will more than likely ask for a proper builders price, and planning permission approved (I know mine did anyways), and these can only be got by having plans done. I hope this helps.

yeah plans are drawn up quazzie
    just hoping 150000k would cover it 1450ft2 house and garage

To me that sounds like a pretty genorous budget, but its hard to give any solid answer because there are so many variables in house prices. The more work you are willing to do yourself obviously the lower your budget can be.

The best price I could offer is give a set of your plans to a few local builders. They will return with a price for builders finish usually within a week. These usually apply to a certain spec and then you can add on some extras yourself (uprated kitchen, Solar panels, Higher spec glazing, Batroom unit etc etc) to give yourself an overall budget. Its better to plan for a high budget and aim for a low one. Remember when budgeting always try allow 10-15% for hidden extras. Your builder/arcchitect/engineer might also be able to advise on Local Council fees for connections to local ammentities (water, Waste etc etc)

• Advertisement

thanks for that quazzie

No problems, I just hope I helped. Don't forget to come back and keep us all informed how ya get on or if ya have more questions

Advertisement