Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Korg Nanokey or ESI Keycontrol 25?

Options
  • 26-10-2008 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

My interest is in recording vocal parts from scores - some handwritten, some printed - for learning purposes.
    I'm wondering about getting a simple midi controller to input to a PC and play or copy to MP3 or CD . The cheapest on Thomann are the above two.
    Any opinions?
    TIA
    Patrick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Sysmod wrote: »
    My interest is in recording vocal parts from scores - some handwritten, some printed - for learning purposes.
    I'm wondering about getting a simple midi controller to input to a PC and play or copy to MP3 or CD . The cheapest on Thomann are the above two.
    Any opinions?
    TIA
    Patrick

I don't understand - explain a bit more?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sysmod

I am asking if anyone has any experience of either or preferably of both the 25-key midi controller keyboards Korg Nanokey or ESI Keycontrol 25 XL.
    The reason I am asking is that they look to be suitable input devices to enter via a USB cable into a PC running some kind of sequencer, music scores designed for the 2-octave range of the human voice.
    I am assuming that either of them comes with appropriate PC recording software.
    I also hope that this is the appropriate forum to be asking this!

TIA
    Patrick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Patrick,

While it's not my area of expertise I think either will do.

Advertisement