Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing

Options
  • 26-10-2008 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭

Hi, years back my Dad would take me and the bro fishing on a boat. I'd love to do it again. Is there somewhere that you can pay for a place on a boat for a few hours of a fishing trip? I tried googleing but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

try the anglin forum under sport mate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Yeah, that might help.
    I looked for "fishing" and found nout.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Like shblob said the angling forum might be better. And you can rent boats for fishing in Bullock harbour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

xia wrote: »
    Like shblob said the angling forum might be better. And you can rent boats for fishing in Bullock harbour

From personal experience this isn't something I'd recommend.

OP, IMO your safer asking on the relevent forum for organised and supervised boat trips, as these guys will bring you to known (and safe) fishing grounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

These guys should be able to help get a charter for the day. Not sure of they do charters themselves but if there are some out of Howth, they'll know.

Howth Sea Angling Club
    15a West Pier Howth.
    Telephone (01) 8321683
    Email info@howthsac.ie

also

Charters from Malahide and Rush

http://www.cfb.ie/fishing_in_ireland/charter_boats/dublin.htm

Do ask on the Angling forum. I've even got an offer or two of a day out from friends there - you never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Nice one, looks like these dudes are what I was after, €300 for a half day with max 12 peeps

http://www.malahideangling.com/index.html

Advertisement