Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assault at Tramore bus stop(spraoi weekend)

Options
  • 26-10-2008 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

My son was assaulted 3rd of august, Sunday night of the spraoi weekend at tramore bus stop, which led to him having surgery. He has witnesses, but looking for anyone out there that saw what happened on the night would be hugely appreciated. It was around 11.30pm on the night in question. It's very serious and am pleading with anyone who would have any information.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Which Tramore bus stop, if you dont mind me asking?

Hope he recovers well, my thoughts are with him and of course you and his family. Its a terrible thing to happen and why anybody can inflict such pain on another person is beyond me.

Hopefully if anyone has any information on the event, they contact local Gardai (Tramore at 051-381333 or freephone Garda Confidential 1800 666 111). Its best not to post up specifics here that might identify a person, just in case. Anybody with any information, no matter how small, should contact the Gardai. You would be supprised at how small information can be a big help.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

Sorry it was main bus terminal.

Thank you for that, it would be great for anyone to contact the gardai with any information at all, or pm me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Thats beside taxi offices, a club and two hotels - there should be plenty of people that have witnessed it. Its busy traffic wise in addition. Plus, its a busy stop even at that time (the bus should have been due shortly). I was wondering would there be any cameras pointing your direction but the closes camera is outside The Baldy man which might not be much use bar identifying the youths (in case they walked past the cameras before or after the assult).

Have you asked the Gardai to make a public appeal in the local press maybe?

He was actually getting off the bus, and the bus was full so there was loads of people around, so there is lots of people out there that would have seen it, gaurds are putting it on wlr this week.

What about the bus driver? Maybe the CCTV on the bus might help (all newer ones are fully equipped with CCTV). Could also put a notice on the buses and the station itself. Anything that helps get these eejits sorted properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

The CCTV outside the baldy wouldn't be able to see down to the terminus. The entrance faces towards o'sheas, so it wouldn't even be in the right direction.

Minto wrote: »
    The CCTV outside the baldy wouldn't be able to see down to the terminus. The entrance faces towards o'sheas, so it wouldn't even be in the right direction.

Thats not what I was suggesting. It might help for the chap who was assaulted, if he wasnt 100% sure what the guys who assuaulted him looked like, to examine CCTV footage from outside the Baldy. This way he can see if its possible to identify them. :)

Sully wrote: »
    Thats not what I was suggesting. It might help for the chap who was assaulted, if he wasnt 100% sure what the guys who assuaulted him looked like, to examine CCTV footage from outside the Baldy. This way he can see if its possible to identify them. :)

I don't think I made my original point clear enough. The CCTV is at the door, and faces away from the terminus (towards, o' sheas). So unless the chap was around the baldy's entrance, it probably wouldn't be much help to the OP.

Minto wrote: »
    I don't think I made my original point clear enough. The CCTV is at the door, and faces away from the terminus (towards, o' sheas). So unless the chap was around the baldy's entrance, it probably wouldn't be much help to the OP.

Sorry, I should have been clearer :p. My point was IF he was outside the Baldy - check the cameras to see. This might help get a positive ID. I doubt its ever done in situations like this (anywhere) though. Doesnt matter where it was pointing - once it points somewhere in the general area. :)

Anywhome, hopefully the OP will let us know the outcome of this and his son is hopefully on the road to a very good recovery.

I doubt its ever done in situations like this (anywhere) though.

You'd be surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 DAN_H

good man gilbert!!!

DAN_H wrote: »
    good man gilbert!!!

Something to contribute i assume? :)

yes i was saying that gilbert was a good man you illiterate baboon,

that clear enough for you?

DAN_H wrote: »
    yes i was saying that gilbert was a good man you illiterate baboon,

that clear enough for you?

Nope, but maybe this will help you understand Boards.ie a bit better.

Banned.

oh big man with his big banning tool, how sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Indeed. OH no!

There's two of us now.

Goodbye :)

Ah lad's everytime i see this thread light up i think it's someone after seen something, or some kind of news and i come in and take a look and it's all this banter:mad:

pommers wrote: »
    Ah lad's everytime i see this thread light up i think it's someone after seen something, or some kind of news and i come in and take a look and it's all this banter:mad:

Sorry dude. I understand where you are coming from and will do our best to keep things on track, especially in such a sensitive thread. The chap is banned now, this time for good.

If anything does come to light and you don't reply to it after a while ill send ya a PM in the hope it speeds up when you see it. :)

Anyway, back on topic. Anybody seen or heard anything about this you think might be useful either reply or send pommers a PM. It would be very much appreciated any help that could be offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Sorry, I should have been clearer :p. My point was IF he was outside the Baldy - check the cameras to see. This might help get a positive ID. I doubt its ever done in situations like this (anywhere) though. Doesnt matter where it was pointing - once it points somewhere in the general area. :)

Anywhome, hopefully the OP will let us know the outcome of this and his son is hopefully on the road to a very good recovery.

Sorry mate , just a quick thing on the cameras, The owners of the baldy hands will be tied if OP looks for film, Only Gardai can request to see that film,(data protection act etc )

Advertisement