Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steel offcuts for welding

Options
  • 26-10-2008 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    As per title I got a welder there a few months ago and have no off cuts. Anybody know where I might pick up some for little cost - just for practicing.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

If your in dublin ,I might be able to give you a lads name that would have some.

Mostly places that make gates and do Iron mongery would have some spare though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

311 wrote: »
    If your in dublin ,I might be able to give you a lads name that would have some.

Mostly places that make gates and do Iron mongery would have some spare though.

I'm actually in Galway/Mayo unfortunately but thanks very much for the offer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I just got a piece of old box section and started welding old nuts to it for practice, when i got my small welder...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Your local landfill/ civic amenity may have a skip for scrap metal, if so you'll find loads of steel you can practice on!

Advertisement