Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Chances of getting a car battery in a scrapyard

• 26-10-2008 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    As per title I have a car at home that needs one. The battery required is 80 euro new though.

Would you get one of these in a scrapyard? I know they only have about a 3 year lifespan or something.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

I wouldn't say so, and it would be more hassel then it would be worth I would say. better off getting a new one, but shop around you might find one cheaper somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

You would be much better buying a new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

50 - 60 euro would be the cheapest you would get a new battery for, getting one in a scrapyard is a non-runner unless you want to run an electric fence off it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Hi,
    As per title I have a car at home that needs one. The battery required is 80 euro new though.

Would you get one of these in a scrapyard? I know they only have about a 3 year lifespan or something.

Cheers.

OP, don't on your life buy a car battery in a scrapyard. It will probably have been lying around for months and will be suffering from sulphation, meaning that it will be decaying internally.

Take the hit and get a new one...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Summerhill spares sell batterys for €20 squid and they'll test and charge it before hand. its might not last forever but sure its only 20yoyo's and theres a chance it'll do ya forever.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,779 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

The battery required is 80 euro new though.

is your car not worth Eur 80?? That's barely more than 1 tank of juice...:confused:

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement