Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Some People just have no consideration!!!

Options
  • 26-10-2008 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

Yesterday I brought my mother shopping, we wen't to SuperQuinn in Knocklyon. Finished up at about half two and when I got back to my car someone had put a huge dint in the boot, oddly the area is also covered in dirt.

It is quiet high up so either it was someone in a 4x4 or someone actually kicked my car, no where I was parked there there should be no reason for anyone to be reversing towards my car so it has me a little confused as to how it happened, but anyway thats not the problem.

The problem is that someone can do this to someone elses car and just drive/walk away like nothing happened!!! no notes left or anything.

I had a look around the car park for cameras and there was one very small one halfway down the carpark and looking in the opposit direction, so I didn't even bother to go in and talk to security at the time.

here is a pic
    25102008027.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

That's the boot space down a litre or 2 anyway :( ah well..plenty left sure :D*

*just kiddin. :D
    anyway..that looks either malicious(enemies?!) or someone being an asshole..either way..good luck finding the pri*ks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Bloody hell thats a monster!Mother of all 'door dings'...Sorry for your trouble...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Am I imagining it or can you actually make out shoe sole 'thread' pattern?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Sorry to hear it. This type of stuff really bugs the crap out of me!

ytareh wrote: »

I dont think it looks like that, i think it looks like the spare wheel from the back of a 4 X 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

ClioV6 wrote: »
    That's the boot space down a litre or 2 anyway :( ah well..plenty left sure :D*

*just kiddin. :D
    anyway..that looks either malicious(enemies?!) or someone being an asshole..either way..good luck finding the pri*ks!

No enemies that I am aware of, considering it's not really near where I live I hope I could rule that out, bit mad if someone followed me just to do that!!:eek:

ytareh wrote: »
    Bryn wrote: »
    I dont think it looks like that, i think it looks like the spare wheel from the back of a 4 X 4

yeah it's some kinda pattern, can't tell if its a shoe or tyre though, I origionaly presumed that it was a 4x4 with tyre on back or bull bars or something

yeah it's some kinda pattern, can't tell if its a shoe or tyre though, I origionaly presumed that it was a 4x4 with tyre on back or bull bars or something

In fairness, if that is a show makr, it would have had to be one hell of a kick to do that much damage!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Holy shít. Man I'm annoyed with the damage done to my car but it's nothing compared to that dent. I'm feeling your pain.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

They have CC Cameras throughout the carpark atop the poles in those dark domes. I'd enquire soonest and see if they have footage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

I wouldnt be surprised if it was someone kicking it, sadly. A few weeks ago in town a group of young lads passed me and one of them was scraping every car he passed with his keys, just for the fun of it.

Bryn wrote: »
    In fairness, if that is a show makr, it would have had to be one hell of a kick to do that much damage!

lol.. yeah I was thinking that too, the weather was really bad at the time too so I couldn't see anyone hanging about to kick a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Something similar happened to my car when it was parked overnight in the carpark of the Mariott in Ashbourne, except it was my passenger door! So annoyed that someone could do that and just walk away. They probably looked at my car, which is old cause I'm saving for a newer car, and thought "Shure it doesn't matter with a banger like that"!! Grr.

nipplenuts wrote: »
    They have CC Cameras throughout the carpark atop the poles in those dark domes. I'd enquire soonest and see if they have footage.

I'll ring them tomorrow so
    EF wrote: »
    I wouldnt be surprised if it was someone kicking it, sadly. A few weeks ago in town a group of young lads passed me and one of them was scraping every car he passed with his keys, just for the fun of it.
    Some people are just cnuts, yet theyd be crying like a baby if someone fecked up something of theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

EF wrote: »

:eek:

Did you get any photographic evidence or anything? Fackers!

here is a pic of where i was parked, there was a zebra crossing on the left of my car and directly behind it was the end of a parking bay that ran perpendiculer to my car

Its the little red rectangle I marked out, at the 'bottom' edge of the carpark
    CarPark.jpg

Some people are just cnuts, yet theyd be crying like a baby if someone fecked up something of theirs

Indeed, my blood was boiling when I saw the f*cker doing it but I was alone in a dark lane in town v about ten of them, who were no doubt scumbags. I doubt they had much in life to be fecked up. Sorry for your troubles.

kleefarr wrote: »
    :eek:

Did you get any photographic evidence or anything? Fackers!

No, unfortunately. If I tried I would have been jumped on I'd say. They were the law unto themselves type.

Thanks for the sympathy lads,

with regards to the scummers, suppose since they prob have feck all they wont respect other people's property, just a big waste of space really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Sorry to hear about it. I know I've had a couple of dings in carparks myself and it really makes my blood boil.

Looking at the paint scrape on top I'd say it was a wheel from a 4x4 and the scrape to the paint is where the metal of the wheel is so a 4x4 with no wheel moulding cover on the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,451 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Sorry for your troubles :(
    no where I was parked there there should be no reason for anyone to be reversing towards my car

And your picture backs that up. I can't imagine anyone reversing into your car based on the car park set up. If you do find out more, please let us know here on this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Thats awful.

Somebody did in my passenger door a few weeks back. The reg plates were fake so the car is untraced. Mine is costing 250 quid to replace. Boss is on holidays so cannot get permission for him to pay for it yet.

I really hope the cameras can help.

My first thought when I saw it was it was a tyre mark and then my poor brain tried to figure out how it got there. It could have been a large truck with its wheels in full lock that got that high or somebody with a motorbike doing a wheelie. I cant imagine how it would be a 4x4 because the wheel wouldnt be mounted in that direction on the back.

Advertisement