Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John McCain, Wolf Blitzer Interview

Options
  • 26-10-2008 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83,265 ✭✭✭✭

:p He criticises Obama for wanting to sit down with Ahmadinejad but what about him sitting across the table from Democrats? Surely we know which is more dangerous!

The thing is, I agree with John McCain on the corporate tax. I just don't think its enough to save his campaign - I'd still be wary of his foreign policy stance.

Like I said in the Palin Thread, its naive of him not to expect to be tested. Especially given his poor VP choice.

As for Iraq Withdrawal in 09? Think it will happen?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Overheal wrote: »
    As for Iraq Withdrawal in 09? Think it will happen?
    If Obama wins, a substantial and but not total withdrawal by end of 2009 as promised, with a shift and increase of troops in Afghanistan. By the end of 2010, all but advisers will be gone from Iraq, and the war will be winding down in Afghanistan.

If McCain wins, there may be a token withdrawal from Iraq, but not substantial during 2009, with a small increase in Afghanistan. Should the civil war in Iraq continue, along with a deterioration in Afghanistan, there will be pressure to reinstate the draft, because the volunteer National Guard and US Army especially, are being burned-out by these never ending wars.

Iran may also become more troublesome if McCain wins, because he tends to rattle his saber more like Bush, and appears he is not as interested in exercising diplomatic means (discussions) as much as Obama is, consequently, the Iranians may feel compelled to build the bomb. I have heard from several Middle Eastern (some Iranian) students currently at university in the States that if a nation has the bomb, the US keeps its distance (that's their impression, be it true or false). They also agree that the US is in Iraq for oil, and that Iran is threatened by the US because it too has oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It is up to the Iraq people to determine when the USA leaves the country, not the other way around.

Also as I understand no one who is qualified in economics has endorsed McCains tax plans. (please let me me know if I am incorrect).

From a "Joe the boardsies" point of view, when your in debt you don't give someone more credit cards.

McCain has been tested? I don't think so.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hobbes wrote: »
    It is up to the Iraq people to determine when the USA leaves the country, not the other way around.
    Which "Iraq people?"
    • The Sunni Iraq people?
    • The Shia Iraq people?
    • The Kurdish Iraq people?
    • The insurgent Iraq people?
    • The US recognized elected government Iraq people?
    • All the above?
    • Some of the above?

Which "Iraq people?"
    • The Sunni Iraq people?
    • The Shia Iraq people?
    • The Kurdish Iraq people?
    • The insurgent Iraq people?
    • The US recognized elected government Iraq people?
    • All the above?
    • Some of the above?

The democratically elected government. Which I believe covers everyone there. It is not the USAs country, so it is not for them to decide when they should leave.

It appears now that Iraq want clear agreement from the USA that they are out of the country 2011 with no pre-conditions. Not sure McCain is going to like that.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/iraq/article5032531.ece

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

tens of thosuands of america miltary and paramiltary will be in iraq after 2011

Advertisement