Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new set up what do i need to get?

• 26-10-2008 11:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭

trying to hook up 5 rooms with skyhd/sky multiroom(1 subscription)freeview/terrestial/sky freeview together with 2 seperate receivers to pick up Astra 19E,23.5,28.5 and 13E

dont want to go motorised as id imagine it would get too complicated for other folk in the house

im thinking minimum 80cm dish with a multi lnb bracket and diseq switch but after that im lost

can i get octo lnb to work in this scenario to deal with sky hd/sky multiroom and 3 sky freeview boxs(uk sky cards)

are there any more satelites out there that would be worth getting?

also what will i need by way of distribution, should all cabling go to ground zero or should i cable directly to each room

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Multiple receivers can't be motorised without separate dishes.

cble to each room from dish (2 cables min)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

How many sat feeds do you need? Each Sky+ (HD) box needs 2 feeds, etc.

Here for example, is a multiswitch that allows for four seperate satellite positions, and has 16 outputs. EMP-Centauri also have a "Profiline" range which offer ability to work with standard Quad LNB's, and have other stuff like gain on satellite inputs, etc. Of course, other multiswitch companies offer similar, like Spaun, etc.

You'd need a minimum of 80cm dish (maybe 90cm would be better?), the multi-LNB bracket, and 4 quattro LNB's. You'd have 16 cables from dish to switch, so get a well built dish (specifically the LNB arm to carry the load).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

Thanks for replies guys

to expand further i have
    1 sky hd feed (connected to quad lnb)
    1 sky plus multiroom subscription(connected to quad lnb)
    3 sky digiboxes with UK card (keep switching these in and out with feeds on above boxes)
    1 manhattan plaza 1100 (not connected yet)

to this i am adding either a dreambox 800hd or technomate 6900 and the humax pvr when it comes out

ideally i would like to be able to feed the sat recievers(including sky subscription) throughout the house together with terrestial aerial/fm aerial

will the multiswitch linked to above do this?

will the quattro lnbs work with sky boxes

any recommendations on 90 cm dish?

byte

From that, I count you needing 9 sat feeds for the receivers. So the nearest switch would be a 17/12 like this:
    http://www.emp-centauri.cz/products.php?id_kateg=6&id_pkateg=53&id=274

You'd still have 3 spare outputs for future use. It also allows for terrestrial signals to be combined into it, and down same downleads. You'd need diplexer/triplexer wall plates at the back of set.

Quattro LNB's will work with Skybox thru the multiswitch.

90cm dish, I'd recommend the Triax TD88 (88cm) and associated Multi-LNB bracketry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

thanks again

one thing confusing me though

if i use the multiswitch linked to in last post are all the cables from the sat dish routed to the multiswitch first and then from the multiswitch to each of the receivers?

also can the cables coming from the multiswitch be terminated at wall plates where necessary

• Advertisement
    byte

Yeah, from the 4 quattro LNB's to the multiswitch. Then from switch to each receivers.

A diplexer/triplexer wallplate would be used then to seperate satellite and terrestrial (triplexer seperates FM too).

Advertisement