Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would i be entitled to a grant?

• 26-10-2008 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Thinking about going back to college next year if i have the money, that is. The grant info is all to confusing to understand. I have been to college already and did a diploma course for 3 years.
    I was thinking of doing a degree course next year. Would i be entitled to a grant as a mature applicant?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭smk135

Hi LisaJane,

If you were 23 in January you can apply as a mature student but (I'm not completely sure of the exact details here) you won't get a full grant because you already did a course.

Otherwise you need to wait 5 years between the diploma finished and a new one.

I found the easiest was putting my details by email and just emailing the lads at your local authority to get an exact answer cause it is quite complicated otherwise!.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

Thanks, il be out of college for 5 years next year. I would like to go back but i would never be able to afford it without some grant or a massive loan.

Advertisement