Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Exact model??

Options
  • 26-10-2008 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Got a 2002 vw polo and im not getting the manual or log book untill wednesday, however i need to know the exact model to pay for my online insurance quote. will it say it anywhere in the car?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

You got the one you had the thread about right?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭plastic-man

yes, well, any solution? :)

with online insurance it should either say BASE or just 3 door ( or 5 door.. I forget which one you bought)

Any help?
    Who're you getting insurance with and I'll have a look at the options..

im looking at Quinn because they seem the cheapest, i think mine is a "5 door 65bhp" but im not sure!

While we're on the topic, do you think i'll beat €1950 for tpf&t as a learner, young male driver!?

Thanks in advance

'1.2 (65hp) 5 doors' would be yours..

I dunno about that. Seems like a fairly good quote for it though in fairness..my first quotation on a car was 1800 so it's fairly in line..

If you do get another quote better the excess you'd have to pay might be over the top..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

im looking at Quinn because they seem the cheapest, i think mine is a "5 door 65bhp" but im not sure!

While we're on the topic, do you think i'll beat €1950 for tpf&t as a learner, young male driver!?

Thanks in advance

That's a fairly good quote, no harm in try a few other companies, but i doubt you will beat it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Try http://www.brittoninsurance.com/car_insurance.html

They beat Quinn by a good €350 for me as a 23year old provisional with no prior experience(And it was comprehensive too).

thanks for suggestion but, for my details, its coming out about €400 more expensive than Quinn. Quinn is probably the best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

If you need the exact description, chassis no. etc, PM me the reg. and I'll get the full details for you when I'm back in work tomorrow morning.

AudiChris wrote: »
    If you need the exact description, chassis no. etc, PM me the reg. and I'll get the full details for you when I'm back in work tomorrow morning.

Thanks a lot for offering, but I remembered, this morning, that I could simply use motorcheck.ie, worked fine, thanks again though

• Advertisement
Advertisement