Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating for Medicine.

Options
  • 26-10-2008 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

So how many of you are doing this ?

I am, I got 540 last time and so didn't get it so instead of taking occupational therapy, I decided to give the HPAT system a go...

I do have a question though, I did pass Irish and got a B3 so I dropped it, but I've heard that you must do Irish , English and Maths in the same sitting, is that true ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

http://www2.cao.ie/otherinfo/2009UGMedEntry.pdf

My understanding of it is that you do have to meet the matriculation requirements and get the points in the same year.

Trinity only require an OD3 in Maths, English and one other language though.

Anyway it won't be too difficult for you to get an OD3, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I too am repeating for medicine! I got 550, which probably means I don't need to repeat but nonetheless...

A minimum of 480 and all the matriculation requirements in one go.
    Which essentially means Irish, English, Maths, 2 sciences and French/ German/ Another language.
    I wanted to drop English this year but couldn't! I love the subject but it's a lot of effort doing a new play/ poems/etc. I'm repeating 7 because I find Geography really easy, so it'd be easier to get points with than say.. irish or something.

Advertisement