Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

live,quick questions if i may

• 26-10-2008 11:35pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,im looking at getting live again as my little lad is into his consoles these last few months and thought i might reactivate live for him.
    When i had it earlier in the year i found it a great service but found it hassle having to ring xbox live to have to cancel it when it wasnt getting any use.
    Im just wondering if its still the same if i want to cancel in the future.
    Also what price is it nowadays?
    I think it was 8-9 euros per month previously.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Dcully wrote: »
    Hi folks,im looking at getting live again as my little lad is into his consoles these last few months and thought i might reactivate live for him.
    When i had it earlier in the year i found it a great service but found it hassle having to ring xbox live to have to cancel it when it wasnt getting any use.
    Im just wondering if its still the same if i want to cancel in the future.
    Also what price is it nowadays?
    I think it was 8-9 euros per month previously.

Prob better goin for prepaid live subs mate that way you dont have to deal with microshaft at all and that way if you wanna quit you just dont use it and can get 1,3, and 12 month subs

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/memberships/xbox360subscriptionplan.htm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cheers for that.
    Can i get prepaid cards in Irish stores,similar to world of warcraft game time cards?

Cheers for that.
    Can i get prepaid cards in Irish stores,similar to world of warcraft game time cards?

Well i am here in derry and got one from pc world i think argos do them

edit http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=30001&catalogId=1500001151&langId=-1&searchTerms=xbox+live+subscription&Submit=GO+%3E

im sure others stock them as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Cheers for that.

I get mine in Xtravision, can get them in Gamestop too. Smyths also sell them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

Don't forget Zavvi!

• Advertisement

Cheers guys,picked up 12 month card this morning in xtravision.

Hmm i forgot how abuseive the xbox kiddies can be :(
    Some games make it easy to mute the offenders while others dont.

The behaviour i just experienced having some games of halo3 and cod4 just now with my little lad was ridiculous.
    I would of hoped their parents keep some sort of check on what their kids get up to.

Seems i wont be allowing my little lad on live alone.

Cheers guys,picked up 12 month card this morning in xtravision.

Hmm i forgot how abuseive the xbox kiddies can be :(
    Some games make it easy to mute the offenders while others dont.

The behaviour i just experienced having some games of halo3 and cod4 just now with my little lad was ridiculous.
    I would of hoped their parents keep some sort of check on what their kids get up to.

Seems i wont be allowing my little lad on live alone.

Does he insist on usin the headset? Because i just mute the voice on the console itself unless i am having a private chat with a mate i cant stand those gobshítes who talk crap on live

Nah he doesnt use headset but still get the abuse through speakers.
    I mute all ingame is there a way to mute all for the concole itself?

Yeah press the silver button and go to personal settings then voice and you can mute or just turn the level down to zero and thats you sorted

edit you have to be signed in online to do this but after that its done as a stored setting

sorted! cheers

• Advertisement

No bother :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭087dannyboy

Bit late now i spose but I got a 12+1 month xbox live sub off ebay the other day for €31 And they send a scan of the card by email within an hour.

Advertisement