Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fallout 3

• 26-10-2008 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭trig740

moving on from fable 2 to another game i cant wait to play. just want to hear what yous think about fallout 3? myself i think it looks great the only bad point about it that i have is how am i going to play that and fable :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Heard its meant to be "Oblivion with guns" from some reviewers (original analysis. I know) so depends how you feel on Bethesdas last game. But Fllout has built up such a following and standing among RPG's that any game, especially one so different (FPS view and the way VATS works), would never live up to fans wants.

Still getting it, saw a few clips in Gametrailers Fallout retrospective and looks very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭ixm1980

VG+ has confirmed that Fallout 3 is Region Free for the 360 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I am literaly cumming on myself with excitement waiting for this.I'm a massive Morrowind fan and haven't played any thing even close to it since it came out.Flew through the expansions and have been playing all sorts of ****e to try and fill the emptiness in my heart.Even started playing wow during the summer to se if that would help, but all I found was a bunch of weirdos that don't enjoy games with a proper story.
    Fallout 3 looks amazing, graphically and gameplay wise.The battle interface looks great and as for the customisations......oh....I just cum again...lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭trig740

Meatwad wrote: »
    I am literaly cumming on myself with excitement waiting for this.......oh....I just cum again...lol.

you are just going to be a mess with cum by friday lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

There's no way you'll produce enough to do so constantly, unless you're some sort of machine...are you? :eek: You'll make men redundant!

It's so mad that this and Fable 2 are so close together, I love the crazy pre-Christmas release times! My wallet doesn't though...

• Advertisement

Mr. K wrote: »
    There's no way you'll produce enough to do so constantly, unless you're some sort of machine...are you? :eek:
    Unfortunately its just air that comes out now .....air and the odd cobweb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Review up on Eurogamer.net

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=270173
    10/10 "Bethesda has once again delivered a game of life-affirming brilliance that will be heralded as a classic, and talked about for years to come"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Cannot ****ing wait...!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Check out IGN UK: It's Oblivion with guns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

silvine wrote: »
    Different setting, different fighting systems, better characters, different levelling approach.

Its not Oblivion with guns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

silvine wrote: »

Can I blow Picard to bits this time then??? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭trig740

had my first go of it last night and its in amazing. i was wondering if the way you can scan a target and aim at points on it would be any good it turns out its great there is nothing like shoting someones head off in slow mo. awesome game

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

When is this out, tomorrow? I put myself down for a pre-order in Game but never actually paid attention to when it was released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Will be picking this up in the morning after I finish work, It gotta be better than Farcry2, that game is just plain pissing me off at the mo. Thought there would be more of a buzz around here about it tho

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

they were seling it in xtravision tonight (thursday). Prob should have picked it up. They had it 1 in the charts! Wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

faceman wrote: »
    They had it 1 in the charts! Wtf?

Don't they just do that with the newest "big" release in most places though? I've noticed quite a few places have a game that was just released in the number 1 spot on their charts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Must say I'm really looking forward to this. I've an order with Video Games Plus in since last week. Works out at €42 inc delivery and it's region free.
    All going well I should have it early next week, just enough time to finish Fable 2 first!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

J-blk wrote: »
    Don't they just do that with the newest "big" release in most places though? I've noticed quite a few places have a game that was just released in the number 1 spot on their charts...

I had never given it much thought before I guess, its just a bit dishonest and unfair on the now number 2! ;)

Got it today, been playing it the last 6hours.Its fing amazing.Anyone like oblivion will love it.

I picked it up too. Very indepth game. I havent played Oblivion. I dont know where to be going in it its so detailed!

• Advertisement

yeah it is fairly weird when you get out of the bunker and you see the world for the first time.Have explored abit and done about 8 missions.The world is bigger than Oblivion from what I can make out.Reckon I can write the next month or so off to playing this.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Looking good so far. Although for some reason it feels a bit devoid of a population in as far as I've explored the world yet. I do like the VATS thing though once I figured it all out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Love what I've played so far. I've only gotten to the first town though, so maybe 3 or 4 hours in.

Just based on the introductory vault section, I really like that it hasn't been your typical black and white game dialogue choices of "give everyone presents" / "kill kittens" which you usually get in games that supposedly present moral choices. Like how a couple of people were complete dicks and I had the opportunity to rise above it and forgive, or stoop to their level and get my own back - normally I can't help but being a good character in these sorts of game but in this case revenge was just too tempting :)

Like pretty much everything about it so far, the setting, the dialogue, liking how VATs works, lots of potential for character development, lots of different approaches to problems. And when you step out of the vault for the first time - wow! Loving the music too.

This is coming from someone who never really played the first two. I didn't have a PC at the time, and by the time I did try them more recently I just couldn't make myself use the ancient GUI, it was really painful to try and play despite the fact I love the concept and I'm sure I would love the games if I got into them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I'm a bit into this, between 6 - 8 missions I think.

I've never played the other Fallout games but was an Oblivion fan.

You can see similarities between it and oblivion alright, mainly in the interfaces and the layouts.

Not a bad game so far. Very large map. Ill have to give it more time though to form a proper opinion.

Couple of minor gripes -

My main complaint is when you go exploring when you see the marker for a town/area it seems you have to walk through a certain place to "Activate" the town so it shows on your map.

I also find the map a bit hard to read at times for following markers and so on. I may just have to pull the sofa closer to the TV.
    ****ing landmines
    . These things were a bloody complete bane at first until I worked out how to handle them. I know they're supposed to be though.

I'm a bit worried about this level cap at level 20 as well, especially when your skills must be at a certain level for certain activities (Science, Medicine, Hacking, Lockpicking etc.). If you don't level up certain skills enough you could be bolloxed at a later stage if you want to do something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

They must have payed big bucks to get the voice actors too. I knew Liam Neeson was involved but having Malcolm McDowell voice the President was a stroke of genius

They must have payed big bucks to get the voice actors too. I knew Liam Neeson was involved but having Malcolm McDowell voice the President was a stroke of genius

Dont forget Ron Pearlman too!

And good old Bruce Campbell seems to be voicing almost every one else bar the woman folk!

FFS! Getting really frustated with the game. Ive had a "disc unreadable" message today and the game just crashed on me a minute ago!!

EDIT: I just rebooted to see how far I am and Im about 20 minutes back. The autosave isnt that regular. :( You have been warned!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Grrrrr...Just picked up this game and farcry2
    Its Torture having to wait for my xbox to come back from repair:mad::mad::( !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Got it yesterday, brilliant game, possibly best of the year. Anyone know anything about the karma system in the game and what affects it will have? I searched the book and couldn't find anything

Advertisement