Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fallout 3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I think the karma effects your trading and how the characters react to you.
    Word of caution,got caught pick pocketing and I thought to myself"probably not that serious, just have people avoid me a bit".I was soooo wrong, the whole town basically tried to kill me.Had to kill about 5 of em just to get out of town.I fear I won't be very welcome in Megathon from now on, shame as I was just after getting my first house there.Even my bloody pet robot was an ass hole to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

They must have payed big bucks to get the voice actors too. I knew Liam Neeson was involved but having Malcolm McDowell voice the President was a stroke of genius

I thought it sounded like him!
    faceman wrote: »
    FFS! Getting really frustated with the game. Ive had a "disc unreadable" message today and the game just crashed on me a minute ago

Mine went spaz on my twice yesterday - started punching/shooting non-stop for no reason, calmed down and started again. Had to turn it off, hasn't happened since.
    Meatwad wrote: »
    I fear I won't be very welcome in Megathon from now on, shame as I was just after getting my first house there.Even my bloody pet robot was an ass hole to me.

**** em! Just go back in and activate the bomb and teach them all a lesson. mwahahaha :evil:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ive managed to get a dog and find the trainyard and junkward. Debating whether to go after the mutants first or head to that town where the traders are..

Any suggestions? Those mutants are tough bastards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Played the first four or five hours last night. I'm going to be obsessed with this game over the next few weeks/months. It is very similar to Oblivion e.g. the character interactions, the missions, the way your character is determined at the start, the mission types etc. However they've improved on a lot of problems with that game. For starters the landscape seems a lot more varied than Oblivion. And the VAT system is brilliant.

I'm not sure how Fallout 2&1 fans will appreciate the similarities to Oblivion though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

anyone notice how the background music while wandering the wasteland sounds extremely similar to oblivions theme in parts? I love this game, and I think it's far more than just "oblivion with guns" but I can't get over how similar the music sounds. It wouldn't have been that hard to come up with something different.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Im only just starting to settle into a game now once you get past all the opening bit, going looking for the radio station now & im liking it a lot but is anyone else having problems with buttons not working ? when i start the game the switch view and VATS buttons dont work even if i go into the controll options and try to register them they dont give any responce, i then have to quit out of the game and go back in and they work fine !!

Not a massive issue just an annoyance really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Branoic wrote: »
    anyone notice how the background music while wandering the wasteland sounds extremely similar to oblivions theme in parts? I love this game, and I think it's far more than just "oblivion with guns" but I can't get over how similar the music sounds. It wouldn't have been that hard to come up with something different.

It is similar in execution/instrumentation at times alright.

Great game though, anyone else dying a lot?

Anyone know where to get the Power Fist? i'm dying for a go of that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

It is similar in execution/instrumentation at times alright.

Great game though, anyone else dying a lot?

Anyone know where to get the Power Fist? i'm dying for a go of that!!

Hell yeah. I've had a couple of intense shootouts, outnumbered and running low on ammo. I can never seem to keep enough ammo on me.

c - 13 wrote: »
    Hell yeah. I've had a couple of intense shootouts, outnumbered and running low on ammo. I can never seem to keep enough ammo on me.

I'm at a part now where i used a stealth boy to sneak into an underground area, it ran out and i'm now stuck in a corridor with monsters in rooms either side of me, very little health and no way of getting any! whenever i try to fight my way out/run away i get quadraspazzed in no time. Only got the one save too! grrrr.... annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

I think the karma effects your trading and how the characters react to you.
    Word of caution,got caught pick pocketing and I thought to myself"probably not that serious, just have people avoid me a bit".I was soooo wrong, the whole town basically tried to kill me.Had to kill about 5 of em just to get out of town.I fear I won't be very welcome in Megathon from now on, shame as I was just after getting my first house there.Even my bloody pet robot was an ass hole to me.

HA HA HA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Thats the great thing about Fallout. You could always kill your way through the game if you didn't mind burning your bridges with a whole town.
    The bar owner in Megaton was looking for 300cr to give me info about the father. A few shotgun shells to the face and I got it from his computer.

My biggest problem is health. I've no money for a doctor and no stimpacks. Can't find a bed to sleep in either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Hmm first impressions of the game are mixed, after comin off the back of fable 2 this is hard work. The game seems to punish you for playing it. The ammo thing is annoying and from what im reading it dosent improve as the game goes by, it adds to the atmosphere as it makes you terrified to leave megaton without ten diffrent guns. At one stage i bought a lazer gun used up my shot gun and machine gun bullets , wiped out the lazer and it was broke......i just bough the damn thing grrrr.

I really like the multiple ways you can approach the missions though,for the first mission with colin moriarty i ended up screwing him over and getting the info and the caps mooohahaha

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

hmm...really tempted by this..not really into rpg's but this has me very interested. lot of good games in the next few weeks though and torn over what to get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Branoic wrote: »
    Well if that bothers you, it's relatively simple changing the music played ingame...copied the music files from fallout 1/2 (in mp3 form) into the music folders in 3...works like a charm!

RAIN wrote: »
    Hmm first impressions of the game are mixed, after comin off the back of fable 2 this is hard work. The game seems to punish you for playing it. The ammo thing is annoying and from what im reading it dosent improve as the game goes by, it adds to the atmosphere as it makes you terrified to leave megaton without ten diffrent guns. At one stage i bought a lazer gun used up my shot gun and machine gun bullets , wiped out the lazer and it was broke......i just bough the damn thing grrrr.

I really like the multiple ways you can approach the missions though,for the first mission with colin moriarty i ended up screwing him over and getting the info and the caps mooohahaha
    Can't say this affected me, I always had a ridiculous supply of ammunition...the weight system could do with some SERIOUS rebalancing...bit ridiculous to be carrying 1000+ energy cells, 1000+ 5mm rounds, and then nearly 2000+ assorted types of shells and missiles, and having none of it weighing anything at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Kazuma wrote: »
    Well if that bothers you, it's relatively simple changing the music played ingame...copied the music files from fallout 1/2 (in mp3 form) into the music folders in 3...works like a charm!

wouldn't you need an, ahem, special version of the game for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭lt_cmdr_worf

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showforum=37

All listed Xbox 360 issues, including a risk of the game RRoD'ing your console.

I hope that doesn't happen...

Works fine with my retail, dunno if it works without a crack though. F*cking hate having to hunt for a disk to play something I payed for.

Ah, whoops! Upon inspection now, you have to over write the original files and give the new files the same names. =(
    So yes, you would need a magical version of the game to make it work without that =(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showforum=37

All listed Xbox 360 issues, including a risk of the game RRoD'ing your console.

I hope that doesn't happen...

:eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I was just after getting my first house there.Even my bloody pet robot was an ass hole to me.

You have a house and a pet robot?
    How did I miss that? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Beruthiel wrote: »
    You have a house and a pet robot?
    How did I miss that? :mad:

Pet robot isnt as cool as he sounds. But you can get a few free purified waters off him daily which is dead handy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

He always seems to be waiting for his condensers to recharge whenever I ask him for water, was much easier to get the free food from the live in maid in Skingrad(?).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

got this on sat, imense game, had the first 2 on pc so was looking foward to it!
    Just one thing, is there any reason to blow up Megaton?
    I went and told the sherriff like a snitch went back with him and killed ya man, but thinking that I should have waited?!
    any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

blaze1 wrote: »
    got this on sat, imense game, had the first 2 on pc so was looking foward to it!
    I went and told the sherriff like a snitch went back with him and killed ya man, but thinking that I should have waited?!
    any advice?

Exactly what I did, except that I stole the sheriff's lovely hat and coat after he was killed:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

any advice?

Hang on did you kill the sherriff or Mr Smith (that was his name i think)? I got the sherriff killed but I'd say if you tried you could have killed Smith. That what you did?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I killed mr smith after he had killed the sherriff then took both there weapons,pwoned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

RAIN wrote: »
    I killed mr smith after he had killed the sherriff then took both there weapons,pwoned.

Nice. I totally screwed it up as once the sherriff was dead Old Nathan started talking to me and Smith went out the door before I could stop him. Then when I followed him out he had either disappeared or run off. Still least I had a sweet new hat! :D
    any advice?

They had a complete run through of what happens if you choose to blow it up in the early gameplay vids. Should be up on gametrailers, youtube or Xbox Live.
    You follow Mr Smith up his employer's tower and then the two of you sit out on the balcony with some pina coladas and detonate the town. Its a cool explosion and you get paid. Plus loads of bad Karma I imagine. :cool:

Jaysus ye are all miles ahead of me! I have a dog, ive rescued Big Town, and im on the Superhero gambit mission trying to find robotman or antwoman. Neither of them are in their dens

faceman wrote: »
    Jaysus ye are all miles ahead of me! I have a dog, ive rescued Big Town, and im on the Superhero gambit mission trying to find robotman or antwoman. Neither of them are in their dens

Well if it's any consolation Faceman, you're way ahead of me! i've been mostly wandering aimlessly!

• Advertisement

I just copped that I haven't been to Megaton at all even tho I've completed loads of sub quests! I'm at level 5 visiting megaton!

Advertisement