Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fallout 3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

I havent even got a dog yet :o I'm having so many problems with this game its really taking away from it between the buttons not working and you have to quit out of the game and go back in, the whole game freezing every time some one of your friends signs in or out to the game just locking up totally and requiring a total shut down reboot.

Its a shame because i reckon it would be brilliant if it worked properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Hang on did you kill the sherriff or Mr Smith (that was his name i think)? I got the sherriff killed but I'd say if you tried you could have killed Smith. That what you did?

I think ya man Mr Smith Killed the sherrif, it all moved a bit quickly so I popped mr Smith in reply, I got a nice chinese assault rifle out of the deal so its not so bad, I went to the sherrifs house then and his son was there on his own, felt bad for him, (dam my karma)

other than that spent 2 hours trying to do missions but kept getting killed, nice raider with a flamer got me the last time. The good thing is I kept wanting more hahahaahahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭alfaz

I havent even got a dog yet :o I'm having so many problems with this game its really taking away from it between the buttons not working and you have to quit out of the game and go back in, the whole game freezing every time some one of your friends signs in or out to the game just locking up totally and requiring a total shut down reboot.

Its a shame because i reckon it would be brilliant if it worked properly.

Is this happening to a lot of people? I wouldn't be playing it online, is that only really when you see the problems?
    I'm off for a week from work soon and looking to buy a new game, I reckon this would be my choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

You can get a dog!?

Also I thought the Karma system allows you to be good and bad? It seems pretty black and white to me.

Like the game so far but the interface could do with some tweaking. I seem to spend a lot of time looking for the right menu.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I keep getting the settlers in Megaton coming up and giving me free stuff whenever I leave the house now. Usually just a couple of rounds of ammo or a bottle of water, but at least my public loves me. It seems that the raiders don't respawn in the wastes though which is making it tricky to earn money as their armour is a handy source of cash, maybe I just need to wait a bit longer though. Also the trader in Megaton seems to have a pretty limited cash flow which is slowing down how quickly I can raise money, I ended up just giving her stuff for free one time as I didn't notice that she had no money before completing the transaction.

• Advertisement

alfaz wrote: »
    Is this happening to a lot of people? I wouldn't be playing it online, is that only really when you see the problems?
    I'm off for a week from work soon and looking to buy a new game, I reckon this would be my choice.

Im not playing online, do you know when a friend signs in it shows up on your screen as "johnny what ever is online " when that comes up my screen freezes and goes blurry for 2 to 5 seconds if they sign back out same thing again. What happened last night was 1 guy was having loads of trouble with his internet so it signed him out and in around 10 times before i ripped the cable out of the wall :mad: that does fix the problem.:D

The console locking up could happen at any stage and the buttons thing happens every time i turn it on. They work fine on the console i click in to start up the game and they stop working i have to then quit out and re start the game ( i dont need to switch off the console ) and they work fine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

silvine wrote: »
    You can get a dog!?

Also I thought the Karma system allows you to be good and bad? It seems pretty black and white to me.

Like the game so far but the interface could do with some tweaking. I seem to spend a lot of time looking for the right menu.

You get the dog in the scrapyard. He's useful, dont kill him or let him get killed!

Really pissed off that I missed Megaton early on in the game cos its only now Im being told to hang on to scrap metal etc!

Have completed loads of side quests but still havent convinced Moriarity to tell me where me Da is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

faceman wrote: »
    You get the dog in the scrapyard. He's useful, dont kill him or let him get killed!

Really pissed off that I missed Megaton early on in the game cos its only now Im being told to hang on to scrap metal etc!

Have completed loads of side quests but still havent convinced Moriarity to tell me where me Da is!

Which scrapyard ? I've been to a couple and all thats been there is Viscous Dogs or Raiders guard dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Im doing the same thing! Im just having so much fun exploring and finding stuff its great! Damn Moriarity as well went from 100 caps to 300 caps for the info when I started playing early on :D

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

FFS! Getting really frustated with the game. Ive had a "disc unreadable" message today and the game just crashed on me a minute ago!!

EDIT: I just rebooted to see how far I am and Im about 20 minutes back. The autosave isnt that regular. :( You have been warned!

I was just going to post a comment about this.. I was not too sure if it was my Xbox as the disk is spanking clean

• Advertisement

Finally got a good clean run at this last night got a good 4 hours of uninterupted play (from either the game messing up or the missus :D)and its brilliant really getting going now found GNR radio and im just clearing out the museum of technoligy at the moment.

Do you know all the stuff im collecting what do i do with that ive all sorts fags, cups, plates, hose valves etc i have to keep on dropping stuff as im allways on the weight limit.

Finally got a good clean run at this last night got a good 4 hours of uninterupted play (from either the game messing up or the missus :D)and its brilliant really getting going now found GNR radio and im just clearing out the museum of technoligy at the moment.

Do you know all the stuff im collecting what do i do with that ive all sorts fags, cups, plates, hose valves etc i have to keep on dropping stuff as im allways on the weight limit.

You can build weaponry with it AFAIK, I stow it all in a locker in my apartment in Megaton. Yer one in the general store there has schematics for a rocketlauncher and i've seen more schematics in other places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,620 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ya i got a class gun

the railway gun

shoots railway spikes

its class

a train sound comes out when you shoot:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

you can trade it all for weapons etc. Scrap metal can be sold to walter in megaton when you fix the leaks. You can sell sugar bombs to the ghouls in the metro station.

c - 13 wrote: »
    Which scrapyard ? I've been to a couple and all thats been there is Viscous Dogs or Raiders guard dogs.

the scrapyard is between the trainyard and Canterbury commons. I suspect your Karma may need to be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Im not playing online, do you know when a friend signs in it shows up on your screen as "johnny what ever is online " when that comes up my screen freezes and goes blurry for 2 to 5 seconds if they sign back out same thing again. What happened last night was 1 guy was having loads of trouble with his internet so it signed him out and in around 10 times before i ripped the cable out of the wall :mad: that does fix the problem.:D

The console locking up could happen at any stage and the buttons thing happens every time i turn it on. They work fine on the console i click in to start up the game and they stop working i have to then quit out and re start the game ( i dont need to switch off the console ) and they work fine.

Did you try turning off notifications? That way when someone signs it won't appear on the screen

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Keep a selection of a few of each of the different items that you find, then when you manage to get hold of the schematics for some new weapons you'll be able to make them from these bits of junk. You can use the workbench in the crazy birds shop in Megaton to make stuff for free once you have the plans, didn't realise this myself initially and went and wasted a pile of bottlecaps on buying my own workbench for the house from her instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Nice one! i wanted to know where to find a workbench.

Anyone know where Paradise Fall is? want to get the Power Fist!! :)

robinph wrote: »
    Keep a selection of a few of each of the different items that you find, then when you manage to get hold of the schematics for some new weapons you'll be able to make them from these bits of junk. You can use the workbench in the crazy birds shop in Megaton to make stuff for free once you have the plans, didn't realise this myself initially and went and wasted a pile of bottlecaps on buying my own workbench for the house from her instead.

Man this game is massive, its my first RPG ( i know i know :D ) I need to get the radio stations transmitter up and running and high tail it back to megaton so so get trading and building.

Is there a way to get around quicker as its taking ages to walk to places, I did see a message about quickly moving from place to place once you have discovered them but i forget what it said and didnt really understand it in the first place.:o

Is there a way to get around quicker as its taking ages to walk to places, I did see a message about quickly moving from place to place once you have discovered them but i forget what it said and didnt really understand it in the first place.:o

Open up the world map on your pip-boy and then just select the icon for where you want to go to. You cannot fast travel if there are enemies nearby or if your carrying too much gear though.

Edit: w00t!11! 4,000 posts. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Wucking Fanker

you can trade it all for weapons etc. Scrap metal can be sold to walter in megaton when you fix the leaks. You can sell sugar bombs to the ghouls in the metro station.

:eek:Arrrrgghhh! I killed the Ghouls in the Metro Station thinking they were "The Family"! how does that affect me? Apart from karma and all. Although, karma is down cos I saw one of the traders outside megaton had schematics for a device i wanted, so rather than pay for it i shot the sh*t out of him and just took it! Bad Ass :cool:. But the device was crap (Rock-it launcher) :o.

Also, where the hell do I find the family? I've been to the cinema, the hideout and the metro and can't find 'em.

Unbelievable game, but I can't get time to play it! I think work might be down a body very very soon! *cough cough*

:eek:Arrrrgghhh! I killed the Ghouls in the Metro Station thinking they were "The Family"! how does that affect me? Apart from karma and all. Although, karma is down cos I saw one of the traders outside megaton had schematics for a device i wanted, so rather than pay for it i shot the sh*t out of him and just took it! Bad Ass :cool:. But the device was crap (Rock-it launcher) :o.

Also, where the hell do I find the family? I've been to the cinema, the hideout and the metro and can't find 'em.

Unbelievable game, but I can't get time to play it! I think work might be down a body very very soon! *cough cough*

Uh oh dude! You got it wrong!

The family are in the metro station. There is manhole in the back room of the place where the ghouls were (before you killed them!) You know its the right room cos you start to get radioation poisoning as you approach it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Wucking Fanker

Uh oh dude! You got it wrong!

The family are in the metro station. There is manhole in the back room of the place where the ghouls were (before you killed them!) You know its the right room cos you start to get radioation poisoning as you approach it!

Yeah, I'm a bit of a bad egg! :P I was considering killing Evan King and the folk in Arefu just for the hell of it too. We'll see.......

I know the place you're talking about, though. I'll be killing the Family's asses later on, now. :cool:

Thanks!

How much of a difference does it make to the game killing people like that this is my first trip into RPG games so ive been a goody two shoes really helping everyone and not scaming or murdering but will it make that much of a difference ?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Your Doggy ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

How much of a difference does it make to the game killing people like that this is my first trip into RPG games so ive been a goody two shoes really helping everyone and not scaming or murdering but will it make that much of a difference ?

Makes abit of a difference, namely you dont have to pay for stuff,lol.
    On the negative side though it's the kind of game that when some one gets killed , they stay dead.e.g. kill a doctor in megathon and there won't be anyone there to kill you.
    As well as I have discovered, if you get caught robbing or beating on some one, all the people that see you will either flee or try and kill you.I've killed basiclly everyone in Megathon and a few in Rivet city, also have started a nice little earner of capturing people and selling them to the slavers.Because of all this there's a big bounty out on me and every now and then some smart ass regulators track me down and try killing me.Its cool as well listening on the radio cause every so often they'll talk about some of the things you've been getting up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

i got dog meat & he was really loyal & was sic`n people for me, i was in a battle and this mutant killed him , i was heart broken, but i still skavanged his body for dog meat :D

Yeah, I'm a bit of a bad egg! :P I was considering killing Evan King and the folk in Arefu just for the hell of it too. We'll see.......

I know the place you're talking about, though. I'll be killing the Family's asses later on, now. :cool:

Thanks!

Re the Family -
    I wouldnt recommend killing them. I reached a deal with them that benefitted the people of Arefu and saved Ian West. Any blood packs I take increase my HP by 20 instead of 1.

Nice one! i wanted to know where to find a workbench.

Anyone know where Paradise Fall is? want to get the Power Fist!! :)

I think its right up the north of the map from Megaton. I found it two days ago I think, well it was paradise something anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

c - 13 wrote: »
    I think its right up the north of the map from Megaton. I found it two days ago I think, well it was paradise something anyway.

Nice one! I shall investigate. :)

Advertisement