Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fallout 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I think you're on about Hamiltons Hideaway - a cave just east of Arefu (not far from Paradise Falls iirc.
    When you go into it, keep to the right and you'll stumble upon a little room with a workbench, you have to fight 2 radscorpions to get to it. There's a raider and a few more scorpions/radroaches if you go exploring, nothing too difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

completed it today.Bit of advice for anyone who wants to keep the game going for as long as possible,avoid the main quest for as long as possible, as when the game is finished, thats it.I'm gonna go back to an earlier save and play through from there as there was a load of stuff I missed out on.
    Excellent game though,just didn't want to complete it so quick.With out giving anything away the last mission starts in the citadel where the big robot will be activated.If you follow this quest it will be the last one in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Selkies

Meatwad wrote: »
    completed it today.Bit of advice for anyone who wants to keep the game going for as long as possible,avoid the main quest for as long as possible, as when the game is finished, thats it.I'm gonna go back to an earlier save and play through from there as there was a load of stuff I missed out on.
    Excellent game though,just didn't want to complete it so quick.With out giving anything away the last mission starts in the citadel where the big robot will be activated.If you follow this quest it will be the last one in the game.
    I think I'll be completing this game as slow as possible.
    There is just so much in this game to do

Anyone know what shop is selling this the cheapest? In Dublin not an online shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I think HMV are the cheapest, I think its about €52.99 or there abouts.

• Advertisement

Here's the link if above doesn't work.

There is only limited ammo available, but this gun is fookin powerful! (excellant against the fire-ants!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Has anyone managed to get the
    super mutant
    friend? Where abouts can I locate him?

• faceman wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to get the
    super mutant
    friend? Where abouts can I locate him?
    Just play through the main quest, hes locked in a jail cell.
    U need really good karma to get him tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I got a strange bug in this game the other night. My charater just kept walking, I could not stop. The function of the Y and B buttons swapped around and when I pulled the trigger to fire just one round went off and then a round every 10 seconds or so even when I was not pressing the trigger and just walking around normally.:eek:

Exited the game and loaded it back up, everything was fine.:confused: wtf

I thought my controller was on the blink but the same thing has happened to others on my friends list.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I got a strange bug in this game the other night. My charater just kept walking, I could not stop. The function of the Y and B buttons swapped around and when I pulled the trigger to fire just one round went off and then a round every 10 seconds or so even when I was not pressing the trigger and just walking around normally.:eek:

Exited the game and loaded it back up, everything was fine.:confused: wtf

I thought my controller was on the blink but the same thing has happened to others on my friends list.

the game is riddled with bugs. I have already returned one disc as it was regularly giving me disc unreadable messages. I have heard other reports of glitches during the GOAT test and people getting "stuck" in rocks in the wasteland.

Just make sure you save your game regularly! Dont rely on autosave! (especially when crossing the wasteland!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Hit my first bad bug there last night in the top east area of the map (around the republic of dave area) When I walked East by NorthEast the top two thirds would fill with black polygons and flashes of red. Couldnt see where I was going at all, I could only see the map icon at the bottom. When I stopped walking or turned around and walked backwards in the same direction it stopped ? :confused:

Hopefully thats the only area of the map thats affected.

Oh yeah, and the people in the republic of dave can walk through walls too. I couldnt find dave for ages becasue the guy was standing inside the wall of his office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I got my first bug 2 nights ago. Returned to GNR
    after putting the antenna on the washington monument
    and the door was locked... Just would not open. That's a story stopping bug for a lot of people. Apparently very common though.

Easily the most worrying one I've read about is the bug where all your items stored in your house in Megaton disappear... :(

Btw, when you find Vault 61 and travel through it, its completely normal for the screen to turn purple and characters to disappear and reappear. I thought it was a bug but seemingly its part of the game! :eek:

Easily the most worrying one I've read about is the bug where all your items stored in your house in Megaton disappear... :(

What?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

faceman wrote: »
    Btw, when you find Vault 61 and travel through it, its completely normal for the screen to turn purple and characters to disappear and reappear. I thought it was a bug but seemingly its part of the game! :eek:
    it is yea, he's seeing his father, and the people he lost in vault 101. Tripping out a bit!
    Still loving the game but dead space has crept up on me and I MUST FINISH!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

This game is frickn amazing.

I have been glued to it since I got it!!

A few questions

How do you check how much time you have played? ( I think I have put in about 20 hours & still haven’t even put a scratch on how much I have to do)

How do I check my karma??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

To check your karma go into the pip boy, left trigger to data and its under status then AFAIK.

Game play time is listed when you load up a file I think.

Awesome game.

Just met Dogmeat last night :D

Anyone find a Laser Gatling gun yet? Was in the National Archives next to the Jefferson Memorial last night, got an sweet weapon, the Lincoln Repeater. Uber powerful and accurate.

Crouching makes you more accurate in VATS I think too.

Does anyone here not use VATS? I read in some reviews this was a flaw in the game but tbh I really like it, cool death scenes and headshots and even better stuff if you use VATS with a Sledge or Sword :p

armour87 wrote: »

Does anyone here not use VATS? I read in some reviews this was a flaw in the game but tbh I really like it, cool death scenes and headshots and even better stuff if you use VATS with a Sledge or Sword :p

I expected more from VATS. YOu dont get enough XP to go to town on it!

Higher your Agility the more AP you can use in VATS, I can do about 7 headshots with a magnum in it now. My Intelligence, Strength, Perception & Agility are all at 9.

Or you can just smack out with some Jet...Scarface style!

Yeah im addicted to whiskey, vodka, beer, jet and Med-x tho in the game!!!

• Advertisement

The addictions really mess with your stats and drastically lower important things like Endurance and Agility. You can buy an infirmary for your house off Moira Browns Craterside Supply in Megaton, you can then cure all radiation, addictions and broken bones. You might need a high medicine though and the infirmary is around about 1700 caps for me, although my Barter is quite low.

Got addicted to Scotch last night myself lol, love the little happy face that pops up "You have become addicted to Scotch," :D...Great!

I think there's spoilers in this post so SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got the game at the weekend and think its great. I did the blood ties mission where you have to deliver a letter and then you have to track down the family.

After I completed this mission I did the mission for Mr Burke where you blow up megaton. Should I have left this one for awhile? Did I do it too soon? I got the info off your man in the pub about the dad so was there anything else I needed to do in Megaton before I blew it up? I have a previous game saved so can go back. What did most people do.

1) Blow it up early on
    2) Blow it up but leave that mission for awhile
    3) Tell on Mr Burke

I accidentally missed Megaton and managed to get to level 6 or 7 or something before I went back there. I didnt blow it up tho cos
    cos they give you a gaff for disarming the bomb and you can purchase alot of useful stuff to store in your gaff such as an infirmary as already pointed out. There are also other sub quests there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I think there's spoilers in this post so SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Use those spoiler tags! That's what they're there for.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Use those spoiler tags! That's what they're there for.

Sorry I dont know how to use spoiler tags!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Sorry I dont know how to use spoiler tags!!

[+SPOILER]Enter Text[/SPOILER] (Remove + to get it to work) theyre also at the far right of the icons at the top of the reply text box.

You miss out on a couple of handy sub-quests that can help make a few quid at the start of the game, a free place to store your gear in megatron (but you get the tenpenny tower suite instead so no big issue there).

The sub-quests include -
    Leo Stahl & His Chem Addiction
    Fixing the leaks in Megaton
    Bringing scrap metal to Walter
    The Wasteland Survival Guide for Moira (Can be gotten off her in Underworld if you blow up megaton)
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Reached level 20 today and its taken the edge of the exploration that you cant level any higher - bit of a mistake that one.

Whats the point of an RPG without increasing XP (I'll still finish the story but its one of the main drivers of the game taken away)

Solyad wrote: »
    Reached level 20 today and its taken the edge of the exploration that you cant level any higher - bit of a mistake that one.

Whats the point of an RPG without increasing XP (I'll still finish the story but its one of the main drivers of the game taken away)

I expect when they release the DLC, they will raise the cap higher, similar to WOW

Since NXE has anyone installed the game? If so are there any improvements?I've only gotta 20GB but if I'm going to install a game it may be this one as the loading is a bit tedious and my 360 is quite noisy reading the disc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

armour87 wrote: »
    Since NXE has anyone installed the game? If so are there any improvements?I've only gotta 20GB but if I'm going to install a game it may be this one as the loading is a bit tedious and my 360 is quite noisy reading the disc.

Loading maybe marginally quicker, xbox is much quieter.

It did crash out on my first attempt to play it after installing which was worrying but its been plane sailing since that.

Advertisement