Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fallout 3

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I havent installed it yet but intend too. its not the improved loading times im after, its an end of disc errors im hoping for!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Got this when it came out and didnt play more then a half hour at a time. wasent impressed and i was just after finishing Fable so i was a bit put off by the much meaner spirited world. Popped it in last week and iv racked up about 13 hrs so far WHAT A GAME. I Think it may be in my top 5.

Can someone tell me how to get the camera to roam around you so you can view your armor upgrade?
    goin searching for the superhero guy tonight and i wana be able to look at his costume tonight when i kill him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Can someone tell me how to get the camera to roam around you so you can view your armor upgrade?
    I asked that before and only got a PC answer. I'm still none the wiser. You can let go of your controller for a few minutes and the camera will start spinning around your character.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

RAIN wrote: »
    Got this when it came out and didnt play more then a half hour at a time. wasent impressed and i was just after finishing Fable so i was a bit put off by the much meaner spirited world. Popped it in last week and iv racked up about 13 hrs so far WHAT A GAME. I Think it may be in my top 5.

goin searching for the superhero guy tonight and i wana be able to look at his costume tonight when i kill him

doesnt RB give you third party view and you can spin camera around?

I think its LB but you cant spin it around it just kinda sticks to a side profile view cus your vault dweler moves around too. Seen a video of someone on power armour playin on the xbox and he was able to spin the camera around.

• Advertisement

RAIN wrote: »
    I think its LB but you cant spin it around it just kinda sticks to a side profile view cus your vault dweler moves around too. Seen a video of someone on power armour playin on the xbox and he was able to spin the camera around.

I saw a clip on youtube too. He did it while standing close to the wall in his gaff in Megaton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

You hold down LB and move the stick. You can zoom in and out too by moving the stick up or down, just make sure to keep LB held down

it worked horah!! Now I can look at my ned Kelly helmet with enclave armor!
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

racked up 14 hours so far an ive only finished Galaxy radio news quest :D
    my 1st fallout game, didnt know what to expect after playing all the elder scroll games, very slimmed down and simplified in comparisson. not a bad thing though so many mad max references lol.

lack of variety in the enemies and the missions not being as varied as say oblivion and constanly crouching by accident woth l-stick when back peddling in fights are the only minor issues. Major issue is the manual aiming thank fook for v.a.t.s and one or 2 perks that effect it , never gets old (favorite at the moment is the effects of the laser rifle reducing foe;s to ashes)

Atmosphere is excellent and still jump out of my seat when things get heated or something comes from nowhere :eek:

think i still have 20 or so hours at least b4 i get my life back ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

calex71 wrote: »
    r

think i still have 20 or so hours at least b4 i get my life back ;-)

I've completed it 3 times now trying different variations and it never gets old.Reckon after the 20 hours add on about 80 more and then get ready for the dlc. The amount of stuff you notice the 2nd time round is crazy, for the 3rd time decided to just go all out evil,
    blew the ****e out of megathon, let ghouls over run ten penny towers, killed every one I met that I possibly could ,burned down that tree fecker
    .....Great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Any idea how to tell how long you have been playing for i know there is a clock on your pip boy but thats isnt acurate as you sleep for hours during the game, I have started doing al lth eside missions now as i dont want to finish this game ( thats a first ). But then again i am looking foward to going back and playing it as a nasty piece of work.

Anyone get the reformed Raider to join up with you ? i met him in megaton but my karma was too high he reckoned i was a goody two shoes and wouldnt come with me.

Still havent found the dog , robot or a place to live !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Any idea how to tell how long you have been playing for i know there is a clock on your pip boy but thats isnt acurate as you sleep for hours during the game, I have started doing al lth eside missions now as i dont want to finish this game ( thats a first ). But then again i am looking foward to going back and playing it as a nasty piece of work.

Anyone get the reformed Raider to join up with you ? i met him in megaton but my karma was too high he reckoned i was a goody two shoes and wouldnt come with me.

If you save Megaton by disarming the bomb, they will give you a house with a robot (doesn't do much, gives you a few bottles of purified water each day and allows you to change your hair). If you blow up Megaton, then you will get a place in Tenpenny Tower.

I am half way through the game ( roughly ) am i better off finishing off the game then starting a new game and playing it as a evil B . Or starting the new one now so the story isnt ruined for me by allready finishing the 1st game.

If i know whats going to happen will i keep playing it or does it change every time ?

reckon completeion as a total evil fecker is about 20 hours if you just blow up megathon nearly straight away and not bother with the side quests..of courseyou can strech the game out for as long as you want really by exploring you end up finding a tonne of side quests and little mini ones.If you just play the story straight reckon about 15hrs and you'll fly through it cause you kind of know every thing you need to do.
    Just finished Fable 2 last night, rented it out on Sat. and didn't really put that much time in it.Fallout is farsuperior in every aspect,especially after playing both of them close enough together.Fable is like a kids game or a beginners game.So glad I didn't buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

there seems to be quite a few endings, so far i have seen three different ones and i havent tried all the permutations yet.

and if you think burning people to ash with the laser is cool wait till you turn people to puddles with the plasma weapons :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

That's it!!!

No more procrastination on my part, i am buying this goddamn game!

I neeeeeeeeed my fix!

jaggeh wrote: »
    there seems to be quite a few endings, so far i have seen three different ones and i havent tried all the permutations yet.

and if you think burning people to ash with the laser is cool wait till you turn people to puddles with the plasma weapons :D

Thats what i wanted to hear ill stick with this game as a good guy for now then ill start the fun evil game mwha ha ha ha evil laugh !!!

That's it!!!

No more procrastination on my part, i am buying this goddamn game!

I neeeeeeeeed my fix!

u need to be either unemployed like me or have 2 weeks off work and no distraction 1st m8, ive 40+ hours clocked in a week of having it and still didnt finish it :D

jaggeh wrote: »

Out of curiosity when in the game is the point of no return for the different endings??? ie when should i save? i know u get an extra scene for getting those losers to the lincoln memorial / shakes fist at glitches while do it better be worth it, but what else effects the out come at the end appart from good or evil karma

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

If you mean real time hours go to save your game and the total length of time spent playing is there on your save file.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

I shall be contributing to this thread over the next week! Got my copy of Fallout3 just there, but I won't open it up just yet as I've two films I want to see tonight...

But I'm looking very forward to playing it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I too have bitten the bullet and bought this game. I'm not usually one for RPGS, but I have high hopes for this with every single gaming authority saying it's one not to be missed!

The ending
    anyone find it a bit stingy on the cinematics ? Did anyone convince eden to kill himself ? and finaly how freeekin cool is liberty prime

yeah did that alright but found it abit of an anti climax.

Got stuck into this again now that the hype of GOW2 has quietened a bit. Love it! Im on level 15 yet I have only been told by Dr. Li in Rivet City where my father was last seen!

faceman wrote: »
    Got stuck into this again now that the hype of GOW2 has quietened a bit. Love it! Im on level 15 yet I have only been told by Dr. Li in Rivet City where my father was last seen!

Dont be in any rush to finish the main story as its not as long as you might think id say its about 80/20 side quest /main plot

calex71 wrote: »
    Dont be in any rush to finish the main story as its not as long as you might think id say its about 80/20 side quest /main plot

Edit just finished it
    what a let down a few screen shots and a vioce over
    for those who want the differnet endings
    the last save will give you 4 possible ones but all you get is extra pictures durring it so the alleged 192 endings is a crock google or youtube it you'll be better off

for those who want the achievements
    make saves @ level 7 , 13 and 19 and play as a good character then go on a kill crazy rampage

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm playing through this at the moment. Its a touch confusing and while on my way to somewhere else I seem to have found myself in an enormous fight with a bunch of super mutants in a hotel. I'm only level 6 so I have a feeling I've progressed to fast as all the doors and boxes are 50's and my skills are still in their 30s :)

Still, I'm loving it at the moment, its a bit more running then Fable2 was since you cant just bounce out of anywhere and go back to town. Ammo and money seems very tight but I love the vats system.

No bugs for me so far but I do find it a bit confusing when trying to get to a destination. The quest seems works for the most part but sometimes it basically says "the target is out there, go find them" and thats that.

DeV.

• Advertisement

Right once i have this finished ( then finished again ) and all my other games that are piling up finished ill be looking for a similar type of game what are the recomendations?.

I must add i hate games with magic or spells or any of that nerdy lord of the rings garbage, i got oblivian and thought it was terrible i know lots of people like them but they are just not for me i need guns even futuristic guns are ok just no magic.

Whats the next best one that would suit me im thinking mass effect ?

Advertisement