Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fallout 3

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Mass Effect is fairly good.Not as much free roaming and I found it a bit short.Loved the story though and the combat system is good.Traded it in after completing it but I believe there are add on missions for download for it, apparently its also 1st in a triology.Definately worth the buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Meatwad wrote: »
    Mass Effect is fairly good.Not as much free roaming and I found it a bit short.Loved the story though and the combat system is good.Traded it in after completing it but I believe there are add on missions for download for it, apparently its also 1st in a triology.Definately worth the buy.
    I would second this. Mass Effect was my first foray into the RPG genre having always been turned off by the mythology and magic of most others!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

what about saints row 2 its not fall out 3 but yet i did enjoy it more than GTA:IV and even though not labled an rpg as such i could draw more than a few parales to it and fallout

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Mass Effect is very good, gets another thumbs up from me. You're partners are as dumb as planks but the story and graphics are excellent.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

calex71 wrote: »
    what about saints row 2 its not fall out 3 but yet i did enjoy it more than GTA:IV and even though not labled an rpg as such i could draw more than a few parales to it and fallout

I picked up saints row 2 recently, having never played the original - its very good, more fun than recent GTA's as well, but I dont think I could draw too many comparisons to Fallout from it really. Its really a sandbox 3rd person action game. Still bloody good though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Mass effect was good but the ending was mediocre and its just about as long as Fable 2. Eternal Sonata all the way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Maxed out to level 20 today. Picking perks for levels 18 - 20 was tough. I still have loads to do.

I have a buddy NPC with me (Dogmeat died on me :(), some burd
    from the Brotherhood of steel
    with me. She's tough but she got lost today. By lost i mean, i took a shortcut jumping down some rocks on the way to one of the Slaver camps. She didnt follow. I didnt worry at the time cos usually when you Fast Travel or go through a door, she appears. She hasnt since.

I assumed she was dead so I went to the Underworld to take the
    Ghoul
    NPC with me. However he wouldnt follow me cos he said I already had someone with me. Feck it!

Anyway, really pissed me off that you cant progress beyong level 20 cos i have so much more to do. I believe the new DLC is out in Feb so maybe they will up the level cap to something more realistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 murraydave

Finished the game the oder day....didn even go to three dog....found that project purity place and the holotapes and the story went on witou havn to go to three dog......

mass effect brilliant game also

Just noticed yesterday that 3 dog asks has anyone found his dog yet ! i wonder is that sposed to mean dog meat is his ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Where is that dog i coul duse him now just got to vault 87 and its bloody hard to get into.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

you can find him on the east side of the scrap yard fighting some raiders.He isn't great though , he died on me after about 10 min.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Got this today for €35 in gamestop, and it was the limited edition lunchbox tin, it came with the game, dvd, bobble head and artwork book. :eek:

cant wait to get stuck in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Really enjoying Fallout. It's far from perfect and a little buggy but there's a lot of wow moments eg. Rivet City, Tranquility Lane and VATS. Plot seems better than Oblivion too. Never played Fallout 1 or 2 so can't compare it to those.

Looking forward to DLC too. Hopefully they raise level cap.

http://kotaku.com/5107085/fallout-3-dlc-lets-take-a-good-look-at-it

dlc details , level cap increases for the third dlc but not the first two !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Wucking Fanker

Lads, I've been doing all the side missions now for a while and have decided to go and look for the ould fella- just for a change.

However, I can't seem to get to
    the GNR Plaza building as the city seems to be blocked off the whole way round. How do I get in? Seems to be a waypoint near Friendship Heights, but I can't get anywhere near it.

Have walked all the way around looking for an entrance but no look. Have stumbled on
    Jefferson Memorial
    by de accident, thought.

Any tips? Do go into a subway? Or can I get there via
    Rock Creek Caverns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Lads, I've been doing all the side missions now for a while and have decided to go and look for the ould fella- just for a change.

However, I can't seem to get to
    the GNR Plaza building as the city seems to be blocked off the whole way round. How do I get in? Seems to be a waypoint near Friendship Heights, but I can't get anywhere near it.

Have walked all the way around looking for an entrance but no look. Have stumbled on
    Jefferson Memorial
    by de accident, thought.

Any tips? Do go into a subway? Or can I get there via
    Rock Creek Caverns
    If you head directly west of Megaton you will come to evergreen mills just a little further west if that is Smith Casey's Garage. Hes in the basement there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

There may be Spoilers here, look away...

This game is like heroin. I bought Prince of Persia during the week, played for two hours and then went back to Fallout 3 as it started to bore me. Me and Fawkes are tearing the place up checking out the other vaults. I didn't mind when dogmeat and Cross bit it, but I was raging when the notice popped up to tell me that Charon died. I wanted to pick up his body and find somwhere to bury him. What a loyal trooper. Fawkes is pretty good too, she just doesn't snipe with a shotgun. BLAM!!!

So I've played about 40 hours since I bought it two weeks ago. I've finished the story with good Karma, now I'm going back to start again and kill everyone I come across... starting with Megaton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Finally got around to finishing up this there yesterday, did all the main quest and all the side quests (cross referenced from the Fallout wiki), did a fair bit of exploring but didnt explore all vaults etc. yet. Took about 73 hours all in and I could easily make up another 20 just exploring the map locations, finding all the bobbleheads etc. Excellent value for money game.

Ending -
    what a cop out :(

Also just thinking on this level cap increase. I hit level 20, then completed about 4/5 more quests and murdered a host of enemies is the EXP gained from that still being tracked and be applied when the cap increases I wonder ? On the stats screen is just says MAX beside it and the EXP gained popups stopped appearing.

Advertisement