Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No names mentioned to protect the "innocent", but....

• 26-10-2008 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭

BEWARE OF PRE-RECS DONE WITHOUT READING THE ROSTER....

Heard on-air today....

"That's it for [this show] but on the way is A..... and I can see her through the glass and she's looking stunning...."

JINGLE & ADS

"Hi this is M......, filling in for A...... tonight"

Ouch!!! :D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Priceless!! :D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Haha! :D

What station was this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

tut tut tut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Not saying any more or naming names; none of us are perfect.

It was funny, though, and I as I was driving along I just thought "ouch!".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

haha stung!! i was working on a station a while ago and someone had removed the roster from the console, anyway i was in about 10 mins before my show and the presenter on before me said "... thats my lot for today it was a pleasure to be with you for the past few hours, up next is my really good friend... ... *pause* .. .. (turn off mic) .. .. man.. im after forgetting your name..." hahaha we fell around the booth after that link :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Pre recording a show, for shame for shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Liam Byrne wrote: »

You could tell us if it was a local or national station... couldn'tya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭Cole

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Give us a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Cole wrote: »
    Give us a clue.

Nope. Slip-ups can be funny but I'm not into embarrassing people.

P.S. I'm also one step ahead of ye; given the thread title, if I mentioned names it'd be off-topic!!! :D

And my main point isn't against pre-recs; just that if you're doing one to be careful - you can still mention the upcoming show and make it sound live without getting caught out being "too" clever like the above !!!!

Advertisement