Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

In-car lift-off oversteer on motorway.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

I would say that anyone that has experienced slide like that knows that first correction to the slide is not the problem, after the trouble starts.

If you are late at first one (like you usually are), then then second slide to opposite direction is usually the killer.

I think it is a matter of opinion, but I always keep the full throttle (front wheel drive car) when getting a slide like that, and yes I have slided and not crashed:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

maidhc wrote: »
    The car in the Video is a mk1 A4 (1995 to 2001), no doubt about it.

It seems more rapid than the 90bhp TDI one we had though! An S4 perhaps?

Yep, you're right, I had to check carzone for a pic! I don't remember them having the 3 vents in the middle, it's that long since I was in that shape one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Should've bought the Quattro :P

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

itarumaa wrote: »
    If you are late at first one (like you usually are), then then second slide to opposite direction is usually the killer.

It probably depends on the person. I've had the 940 (rwd) pitch itself off at some fairly sharp angles, i.e, heading straight for walls. I could imagine some people getting caught out by that first slide. I agree that the second slide (and third, and fourth etc..) can be quite violent too alright.

Matt Simis: fair enough, it was not my intention to jeer, just sharing the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Should've bought the Quattro :P

B5 S4s are Quattro and my one had an interior just like that (originally).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

i'd say his undies were nice and warm after that episode....a very lucky guy.

Advertisement