Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digiweb

Options
  • 27-10-2008 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

anyone else in the kingscourt area of cavan getting lag with digiweb??? im on 3mb/384k
    playn games sucks this past month or more, in cod4, having a ping of 40 a month ago has gone to 85 on uk servers, and 100 on dublin servers

just did a speed test and my ping to dublin is 124ms..

anyone else getting this laggg??

345436057.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

what is the ping to Galway? I dont live there but my speedtest shows 8ms. In dublin its closer to 80ms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Spiritine

Last Result:
    Download Speed: 2564 kbps (320.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 287 kbps (35.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Latency: 121 ms

Guess i should ring them tomorrow and show them that

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Are you on Metro, DSL, FWA or what?

eircom has increased the latency on DSL. There is a large thread on the subject.

yes dsl

• Advertisement

I've no DSL here in Limerick, but to www.heanet.ie I get about:
    Digiweb Metro = 18ms
    O2 HSDPA (3G Mobile) = 254ms

The new eircom interleaving seems to give latency of about 80ms to 120ms, normally non-LLU DSL before the upgrades is about 45ms.

It's rare to see less than 140ms on EDGE/3G/HSDPA Mobile Internet.

is this just gonna be during the upgrades, or are they downgrading their quality of service to junk?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Oh sorry, I am on metro.

Murray135 wrote: »
    is this just gonna be during the upgrades, or are they downgrading their quality of service to junk?

eircom or the government wanted "go faster" stripes to make us look good or better on league tables. Unfortunately many DSL lines need higher interleaving to go faster due to inter user (inter pair) interference rising. eircom has applied the same settings everywhere. They may or may not fine tune later. However many people will see the high latency remain (large ping). The solution is partly to upgrade to ADSL2+ or VDSL everywhere and partly to limit upgrade speeds on multipairs to cabinet or to replace the multipair copper with fibre.

that sounds good but sure theres probleby no chance of getting that here :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement