Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Karaoke Pubs/Bars

• 27-10-2008 4:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Here's a question that might get me stoned...know of any good pubs around Dublin that do a decent karaoke night? I'm not talking an amateur setup for the local hens to do a cackling rendition of Waterloo, something reasonably professional that attracts a good enthusiastic crowd and even some talent!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Have no idea about Dublin pubs, I find most karaoke nights are amatuerish and cringey at best...

When I need a karaoke fix I head to Uki-Yo on Exchequer St.
    You get a private room that up to 10 people can go into, a direct line to the bar so drinks are brought straight to you and more tunes than you can shake a mic at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭obsydion

bnagrrl wrote: »
    Have no idea about Dublin pubs, I find most karaoke nights are amatuerish and cringey at best...

When I need a karaoke fix I head to Uki-Yo on Exchequer St.
    You get a private room that up to 10 people can go into, a direct line to the bar so drinks are brought straight to you and more tunes than you can shake a mic at.

Haha yeah amateurish and cringey usually go hand in hand with pub karaoke nights but sometimes that's part of the fun :p What makes them bearable are the few locals/regulars who bring either talent or character to the stage! I've never found those private rooms very appealing, first of all I won't be able to rope enough friends into sitting in a small room singing badly to each other...or can I.... :p It's more terrifying singing to friends rather than strangers too! Especially when you're a guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Break for the border are having one in a few weeks every Friday night, it will be running for 13 weeks. I will keep you posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

You found the right forum I see ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

You found the right forum I see ;)

Good man michael

• Advertisement
Advertisement