Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go for weekend away?

Options
  • 27-10-2008 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Looking to book a weekend away for some surfing. I am a bit of a beginner, have done a nice bit of surfing for a beginner but do not own my own board, and have never been surfing in ireland.

Was thinking either strandhill or bundoran. Any recommendations? My main concern is consitency of waves. If I'm going to book accomodation/rent gear etc I really want to go wherever there is generally the best waves!

Thanks for any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Bundoran has a decent mix of surf and nightlife. Theres a few hostels there that rent gear as well. Tullan strand generally has *something* when elsewhere is flat, plus its a handy drive down to strandhill if you fancy a gander.

Bundoran would be my choice anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭waves

agree with C-13 there.

More beaches to choose from and easy to get around.

Plus, good lessons from the guys at Bundoran Surf Co (where you can also rent boards).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭COOKSTER

Anywhere with seaweed baths to soothe those aching muscles!! ;)

Advertisement