Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newry = Boom Town *another northy shoppng spree*

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'm wondering how long they can sustain the low prices in the North, given that Sterling has dropped like a brick in recent weeks. As a consequence, everything imported into the UK will be substantially more expensive to the wholesalers than it was. I can see the price gap closing on a lot of goods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I feel several impulsive electronics purchases coming on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MDTyKe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

MDTyKe wrote: »

Went over again this weekend taking in a night in Dundalk. Banbridge Tescos is excellent value, about 20kms on from a packed Newry. As usual the whole experience was very smooth. The northerners are so friendly aswell. I would love a politician to question my patriotism to my face!

Champagne £9.98 a bottle.
    Starbucks pack of coffee £3.40 - 7 euro in Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭richardn

ciaran...Banbridge Tescos - how big a store is it? And, what nearby stores are there for clothes shopping?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

richardn wrote: »
    ciaran...Banbridge Tescos - how big a store is it? And, what nearby stores are there for clothes shopping?

Its very big. When the M1 finishes make sure you go straight on at the major roundabout above Newry instead of coming off for Newry, Banbridge is about 20 mins further down the road. Just before Banbridge is a the Outlet Centre with all the top brand shops. Well worth the trip.

Tescos in Banbridge directions ----> http://tinyurl.com/9h6s8s

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Colostomy Bag

Another option is to go to the Sprucefield Centre in Lisburn, about a 35 minute drive from Newry, towards Belfast. There is an enormous Sainsbury's there and plenty of other big stores. We made the mistake of going into Newry and getting stuck in the gridlock and parking madness. Don't make that mistake - head to either Banbridge or Lisburn and your shopping trip will be much more relaxing (no long queues, tons of parking etc). I was quite disappointed with Newry - pretty dilapidated old shopping centre on one side and a small stuffy Sainsburys on the other with long queues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭gunsofbrixton

"Logically The VAT difference is 4%. Where does the other 22.2% saving come from? 20goto10 is obviously either A) a staunch patriot B) An Irish retailer or C) a politician or political party member.

To say that there is no difference between NI and ROI in terms of prices is not only ignoring reality, it is a direct lie"

that 22.2% is about the amount sterling has depreciated in value over the past couple of months

Advertisement