Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable golf in the area

Options
  • 27-10-2008 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

Found old golf clubs in the shed. Does anyone know if the Par 3 golf course near Enniskerry is still operating? I used to play there, and on Bray Head around 8 or 9 years ago -- but I think the latter one is long gone since the proper course was developed there.

Any other Par 3 or pitch/putt courses in north Wicklow? What about off-day or 9-hole specials for non-members at the various proper golf clubs?

Thanks for any ideas.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

There is a par three at the stepaside driving range, there is a public golf course up there too.

As far as i know 'The Burrow', pitch and Putt course is still up and running on the other side of the road from the Garda station in Stepaside also.

Locally i know Glen of the downs have some great greens fee deals on from time to time. The old Bray golf course at the Harbour is still there i think??

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Thanks for the tips. I knew there was a pitch and putt in Stepaside, but I didn't realise there was a full course too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 essentialjc

COuld do a lot worse than pop to Glen Mill down near Newtown, off the N11 - be hard pushed to find a better par 3 in the country id say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

COuld do a lot worse than pop to Glen Mill down near Newtown, off the N11 - be hard pushed to find a better par 3 in the country id say!

+ 1

Normally play Glen Mill twice a week... Brilliant course.. Was actually up there today..
    12.50 on Weekdays
    15.00 on Weekends and Bank holidays.

Bray golf course down near the Dargle river is open but wouldn't be the best, but if you go then use a yellow ball as you'll spend most of your time looking through the leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Kilcoole Golf Course is a nice 9 hole flat course. Just past Kilcoole on the left hand side. The 3rd hole is an island green, difficult but the rest of the course is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Agreed. Beautiful Par 3 course

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Well, thanks again for the great tips. Here I thought the "occassional" golfer was un-catered-for in the immediate vicinity, surrounded as we are by so many high-end golf establishments. Looks like a couple of great options just down the road ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kelso128

I'm a member of bray golf club and if you would like green fees with members are reduced consinderably (around €15 for 18 holes) if you're looking for a game.

Advertisement