Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Anyone recommend a phone with a good camera?

• 27-10-2008 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

I'm not looking for a lot of other features really, just something that can take good photos and videos. It just needs to be a pre pay phone. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

did u try throw "review best camera phone" into google or something like that.
    one of the sites there say samsung have brought out a nice 8MP camera phone...

If your that much into photography and videos... why not buy a proper dedicated camera rather than a phone.
    I have a nice digital SLR, as well as my camera phone.
    camera phone would just be bascially when out on the piss.

a few of the phones have flashs too, my nokia n78 has a flash. might be something you want to get, some situations no flash is a bad thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Sony ericsson C902 or C905 both cybershot phones.
    C902 is 5mp with led flash good quality pics vids are decent. It also has dedicated soft keys on screen for the camera for quick easy use. Geo tags photos too.
    Is on prepay for a few networks already.

C905 is the same with 8mp no soft keys, but has wifi and a-gps and is a bigger slider as apposed to the c902 candybar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

LG viewty has a decent 5mp camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Shmuck

samhail wrote: »
    did u try throw "review best camera phone" into google or something like that.
    one of the sites there say samsung have brought out a nice 8MP camera phone...

If your that much into photography and videos... why not buy a proper dedicated camera rather than a phone.
    I have a nice digital SLR, as well as my camera phone.
    camera phone would just be bascially when out on the piss.

a few of the phones have flashs too, my nokia n78 has a flash. might be something you want to get, some situations no flash is a bad thing

yeah read about the samsung i8510, the 8MP camera would be sweet but its too dear (amazon have it at £550), just want something to take photos during nights out really (so I guess I would need something with a flash?), but would like to have 5mp anyway, so not sure the nokia n78 would be for me.

Was thinking of getting the tocco but heard there is a delay before you can take pictures which I think would be quite annoying. Was also thinking about the nokia n95 and the LG viewty but both seem so big and clunky. Really finding it hard to find one that will suit me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Shmuck

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Sony ericsson C902 or C905 both cybershot phones.
    C902 is 5mp with led flash good quality pics vids are decent. It also has dedicated soft keys on screen for the camera for quick easy use. Geo tags photos too.
    Is on prepay for a few networks already.

C905 is the same with 8mp no soft keys, but has wifi and a-gps and is a bigger slider as apposed to the c902 candybar.

the c902 looks good although it has good quite bad reviews on amazon (although what they say about the camera is quite good) so might think about getting this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Get something with a Xenon flash if you do any sort of indoor low light shooting
    N82 or 6220

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Shmuck wrote: »
    the c902 looks good although it has good quite bad reviews on amazon (although what they say about the camera is quite good) so might think about getting this one

No issues with mine well nothing firmware upgrades wont fix but it is the thinnest 5mp phone out there i find it perfect for nights out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

yeah the N78 only has the 3.2 MP and it does have a pause b4 the shot is taken too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Saruman wrote: »
    LG viewty has a decent 5mp camera.

+1 and it's a good reliable phone.....it also does slow motion video....:)

Check out the Guitar shots

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Shmuck wrote: »
    yeah read about the samsung i8510, the 8MP camera would be sweet but its too dear (amazon have it at £550), just want something to take photos during nights out really (so I guess I would need something with a flash?), but would like to have 5mp anyway, so not sure the nokia n78 would be for me.

Was thinking of getting the tocco but heard there is a delay before you can take pictures which I think would be quite annoying. Was also thinking about the nokia n95 and the LG viewty but both seem so big and clunky. Really finding it hard to find one that will suit me.
    Hi Shmuck, Let me know if you found anything. I have an Iphone but don't want to bring it out at night so I use this crappy little sagem phone when i'm out on the beer. I want something to take pics with at night when I'm out so something with a flash would be handy. let me know anyway if you find anything. preferably meteor or unlocked and cheap enough haha. prob asking too much.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

a quote from a thread yesterday
    id stick with sony, unbeatable battery life and half decent cameras, in fairness as a photographer, studying photography and working in the business alot, a camera phone is only gonna get you so far, the higher the megapixel count the worse the image quality will be over about 4 or 5 megapixel due to the size of the cameras sensor and electrical interference between each light receptor. the os in sonys, once ya start using it, really i find is second to none and consistantly have amazing battery life throughout their range. i had a flash attachment for my w800i and pics were pretty good, maybe look into the cybershot phone range and pick up the flash cheap on ebay, results are excellent.

http://flickr.com/photos/melekalikimaka/226561245/

taken with 2 megapixel sony in low low light, some slrs would struggle to get this

Advertisement