Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCMCIA port in TV - NTL Digital Broadband

Options
  • 27-10-2008 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

My TV Sony Bravia 40W4000 has this PCMCIA port in the back. I want to know what kind of PCMICA card I need that I can use with NTL's smart card.

As it is now, I have the NTL box connected to the TV, I can press 'digital' and get the digital radio channels, but the digital TV channels will only come up with their respective names on a black screen.

Summary:
    I want to use the digital TV to get NTL's digital broadcasting directly to the TV without the NTL box/decoder. I would save space, save a tiny bit electricity and best of all I could use 1 remote control (yes! I know about universal remote controls)

Any ideas?
    Douggy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Unless your TV has a cable tuner, it's unlikely to work.

Usually on TVs those slots (CI, not PC type PCMCIA), take a PayTV CAM for terrestrial TV like TopUp TV in UK, TNT in France or Boxer in Sweden (here next year), i.e. via aerial not cable.

You need cable company permission to use alternative to NTL/UPC decoder.

Basically the slot is no use for UPC (NTL/Chorus), you have to use their box.

Advertisement