Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop that buys pre-owned DVDs?

Options
  • 27-10-2008 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭

I've decided it's about time that I get rid of the crap DVDs from my collection, so I'd like to trade them in somewhere. Are there many shops in town that will allow DVD trade-ins, and which of those would offer the best prices for them? There's probably only around 9 or 10 that I want to get rid of, but I'd still like a decent price. Also, I assume most shops will give you more money if you exchange them for store credit, yeah?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

To my knowledge 'Chapters' still take pre-owned - they're on Parnell street next to Tesco. There's also a place on Wicklow Street I think it's called Freebird or something like that, and GameStop also do, their only city centre shops I know are Henry Street, Ilac and Stephen's Green S.C., I think they're in most shopping centres too.
    I don't know any of their policies for trading/buying though, I've been meaning to do the same myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Chapters on Parnell Street buy used DVDs but they are fussy and only take what will sell. So if they are 'crap' they might not be interested. Don't expect much either and they give a better price if you are willing to take a credit note instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Cazlou wrote: »
    There's also a place on Wicklow Street I think it's called Freebird
    'The Secret Bookshop and Record Store'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

'The Secret Bookshop and Record Store'?

Could've been...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

could try ebay or advert.ie ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

What are you selling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The shops will give you feck all for them.

Unless your stuck for money give them to family and friends, you'll get more satisfaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

Good stuff, I'll give a few of those a try next time I'm in town. Thanks for the help!

As for what I'm selling, nothing too rare or interesting, really. My pile of unwanted DVDs consists of..

Pi
    21 Grams
    American Beauty
    The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour
    The Butterfly Effect
    Grave of the Fireflies
    Identity
    Passion of the Christ
    The Rutles
    Life on Earth boxset
    Pitch Black
    The Sixth Sense
    Nightwish - End of Innocence
    The Mothman Prophecies
    Starship Troopers
    Signs

I might throw some of them up on eBay instead, where I'd be more likely to get a decent price (Life on Earth boxset - it's brand new and still sealed, Nightwish, Grave of the Fireflies). They're basically just DVDs I can't imagine ever watching again.

Actually, thinking about it, would stores like those mentioned have any problems accepting DVDs of concerts or other music DVDs?

Advertisement