Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Airbags failing to deploy

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

OP I'm glad your ok but looking to make money out of your own stupidity is just wrong.

As someone who has had an airbag go off in a crash it is not something to take lightly and not something you want to happen if it can be avoided. I walked away from the crash and the only injuries I had were burn marks on my right arm caused by the airbag itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Perhaps the OP's ability to flip the car at 40 miles an hour wasn't one of Audis crash scenarios and hence damaged the airbags deployment system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 good intentions

Wow didn't expect such a backlash!

Think I'll just stick to offering my opinion on the odd food thread from here on in, less controversial ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Wow didn't expect such a backlash!

Think I'll just stick to offering my opinion on the odd food thread from here on in, less controversial ;-)

OP - you're getting us all wrong.

You surely didn't expect all/some of the people on here to agree with you, given the breadth of opinions amongst any bunch of people, on any subject....?

Really, we're all just suffering from suspension of disbelief that a non-injurious accident can result in a lawsuit......of any kind ???

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

Perhaps a look at a previous post by the OP tells us all we need to Know :eek:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055143365

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

The plot thickens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

But surely we can all understand that 'free cash' from Audi for surviving
    a crash where you flip your car is not to be snorted at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Cunning

i was just coming here to say that:
    i'd been thinking about it and
    have changed my mind. i've decided that audi dont have a duty of care to customers unless there is a known issue with the airbag system... i.e. no case for compo.

BUT THEN
    i see a link to this guys other post, and i'm begining to wonder if this whole crash is something that had happened or something that might accidently on purpose happen.

if this is what i think it is, thn this prob be locked
    and the op should have a good long think before getting himself into
    some kind of trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

ah well sure. Hope Audi Ireland see the other thread if this lad here decides to try suing them so they can have a nice defense. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Darsad wrote: »
    Perhaps a look at a previous post by the OP tells us all we need to Know :eek:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055143365

Says it all really

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

His barrister is obviously on class A drugs, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mountain

Dad - 25000 (he gave me money to pay compensation to a bloke I nearly killed in an assault to get me out of a prison sentence)

copied this from the post that was linked to above, i really hope op comes back and fills us in on his life.....

pity that his father gave him the money, otherwise he could sue Audi for not being able to drive cos he was in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I think this should probably be locked now. Either the OP is having us all on or else there are some serious issues involved here. Dragging in details from someone's PI posts (even if they didn't choose to post anonymously) isn't really on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I agree

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement