Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whats the website

Options
  • 27-10-2008 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

I am looking for that website that tells you the pros and cons on car models for different years. Anyone know the one I am trying to find? Is it good or useless?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

2 Espressi wrote: »
    Thats the one, thanks. Is it seen as being any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,457 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's a handy site in that it lists any known faults that a particular car has, so if you're looking at a car you can check for these problems. it doesn't tell you how common these faults are on a particular model though, so for an idea on how reliable a car is, check out some of the surveys like WhatCar? or JD Power.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I'd say it's the same as for every site like that, opinions by angry people who's car broke down at some point lol.

Edit: I think i was thinking of a completly different site!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I much prefer www.parkers.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,321 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Parker's is not as comprehensive as HJ - i.e. it does not cover as many models. However, some people reckon that HJ lists problems without quantifying them - i.e if one owner reports a particular problem, it is given the same weight as a problem reported by many owners.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement