Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Wedding Venues

Options
  • 27-10-2008 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone had attended weddings at the Raheen Woods Hotel in Athenry or the Meadow Court Hotel in Loughrea? We are also considering the Westwood Hotel in Galway city? The most important thing to us is that our guests will get a good meal in a relaxed setting.

Any advice or past experiences in these hotels would be great,

thanks in advance..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I have been in all 3 for Weddings. I'd put the Meadow Court first by a mile. Food is excellent along with service.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cathal01

I think the food in the Meadow Court is extremely basic as is the accomodation. Have never attended a wedding in the Raheen Woods, but have eaten there once in a while and have never found it to be good although reports from others I heard are that the food for weddings/functions etc. is usually quite good. It is a beautiful hotel also.

There is a new hotel in Loughrea called the Loughrea Spa Hotel (I think), food there is supposed to be gorgeous and is supposed to be a really nice hotel!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Been in the westwood and its pretty good. never in the
    Meadow Court and Raheen is fairly hit and miss. From personal experience, Menlo Park Hotel was first class and a really relaxed atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Been to the Westwood twice for weddings. Haven't been to the other two.
    Food and atmosphere was excellent for both of them

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭aidanco

The westwood is excellent for weddings and you are giving people more options where to stay as it's very near the city. If you pick the meadow court you are sort of limited but to stay in the hotel and putting more expense on people and some people are finding times difficult at the moment! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dohc

g hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭aidanco

dohc wrote: »
    g hotel

Eh that wasn't an option nor does it make sense:confused:

The G-Hotel in Galway city looks a good venue.Its a 5 star and very modern

http://www.theghotel.ie/g/

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭curlybob

Thanks to everyone for your opinions and replys. I think we will be sticking to the meadow court due to its good repuataion in the locality. The G don't say much about weddings on thier website, and its just a bit to "chick" for my liking!

Thanks anyway,

Yeah i no its very nice though the staff so friendly,Was there last weekend its the bee s knees.Anyway go with what you want best

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 JamesStephens

The new Loughrea hotel is class

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Angel2009

Curlybob - How did the Meadow Court Hotel go for you??We are considering this for our wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭curlybob

Hi There,

we went ahead and booked the Meadow court and are looking forward to our Wedding this summer. In the mean time I have been at 4 weddings, 2 in the meadow court, one in the shear water and one in the Claregalway hotel. Allthough there was no major issues at any, I found the quality of the food at the meadow court was by far the best. Ok the Bridal sweet is noting special there and the decor is more homely than modern but at the end of the day Food will be the main concern of most of the guests!! So all in all I'm happy with our decision. Best of luck! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Q got an A.
    Old thread.
    Boards also now has a wedding forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement