Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fancy hotel room recommendations

Options
  • 27-10-2008 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hey all.

Im looking to do something special with the missus before christmas - want to book a room in dublin, have a wander around the city to do some shopping and then crash back at the hotel and spend the night together.

ideally id like to get a room that wasnt just the bare essentials and am willing to pay the extra as i know ill need to... not looking to spend a grand on a fancy suite or anything, just something above the ordinary.

does anyone have any recomendations for a place to stay in central dublin that isnt obscenely priced?

wouldnt mind getting something like a junior suite somewhere even, depending on how pricey they are...

TBH I would love to get somewhere with a big, old fashion bath or even jacuzzi if anyone knows of anywhere; would be perfect for chilling out in (amongst other things!) - something tells me you need to pay top dollar for that, though, but any suggestions welcome

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Never heard of them looks impressive.

The Merrion just off Merrion Square are also meant to have some amazing rooms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

The morgan hotel very plush and cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Tannylan

+ 1 for the www.dylan.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Adam 3000

thanks for that. the dylan looks nice, what room types did you guys stay in when you stayed? were the baths big enough for you to actually have a relaxing bath rather than a paddle too?!!!

its not the case with the dylan but its amazing how few pictures hotels have on their sites sometimes especially when theyre trying to sell themselves on how luxurious they are!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

its a bit out of town, but the suites at the royal Marine in Dun Laoghaire are pretty impressive. They even have TVs over the bath!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

They even have TVs over the bath!
    How romantic is that! OP, the Dylan and Morgan are good recommendations I think. The problem with the Merrion is you might get a room overlooking the laneway at the back. There's always the Shelbourne, but again depends on room or maybe Browns Brasserie, the Fitzwilliam and La Stampa are worth staying in. I add I haven't stayed in them but they're where most people I know who are spoiling people stay. The Westbury gets ripped for the extra service charges and don't eat in the bar in the Fitzwilliam - takes a decade for the food to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Spend the first night of our honeymoon at the Morrison, suites there are very stylish and if you chance your arm with them you might get a good rate. I'd say 4* hotels are suffering at the moment so haggle.

Baths in suites big enough for two :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Does anyone one know what the story is regarding parking at the Dylan Hotel? Would i require to book valet parking? How does this work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the westin. my brother stayed the night before he went on his honeymoon and was very impressed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Adam 3000

MadsL wrote: »
    Spend the first night of our honeymoon at the Morrison, suites there are very stylish and if you chance your arm with them you might get a good rate. I'd say 4* hotels are suffering at the moment so haggle.

Baths in suites big enough for two :)

which suite did you stay in? the georgian or slightly more expensive Superior?

seem to be the best prices for suites anyway and have heard good things elsewhere the Studio Room even looks good there.

Thanks for all the suggestions still undecided but might ring up and see where iget with a bit of haggling. the morrison is looking like the leader for now, but the merrion and dylan are both hard to ignore same for the fitzwilliam.

Hrmmm... (more suggestions/recommendations please!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

you've listed the 4 best hotels in dublin (although i wouldn't rate the fitz very highly personally). the only one you could possibly add to that is the clarence. although not as modern as the others. it still has a lot of class and the restaurant in there is one of the best in dublin.

Advertisement