Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV now selling and trading used Games

Options
  • 27-10-2008 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭

Was walking down Grafton street last week and saw that HMV are now in on the very lucrative second-hand game market. Popped down in the basement and had a gander, not too bad. I have no idea what their trade-in policy or how much they give for games. They didn't seem to have a huge selection of titles, but I thought that some of the games, especially like 360 stuff, was reasonably priced, but then I don't have a 360 and I don't keep track of what's out for it, so those could be old games. Anyone else been in yet and what have you thought of the place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Was in both Graftons and Henrys HMV's and saw the pre-owned games. Very good value compared to Gamestop and Game, didn't see many games over €25 that would be at least €40 in the other stores. Selection isn't great but could find a good bargain, depends on what people get for trading in I suppose.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Any examples of games available?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Noticed this myself. Pretty good prices compared to some of the others. They had both DMC4 and lost oddysey for €21 and thats before a student discount which is either non-existant or pathetically low in the usual spots (game and gamestop i'm looking at you)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Picked up Odin Sphere for 11.99 and Rogue Galaxy for 10.99 last night in HMV Grafton Street.. was well chuffed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

zavvi will be the next ones to do it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Decent prices.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Thanks for the heads up!

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Stopped into Henry street yesterday and got Lost Odyssey for $21 and Devil May Cry 4 for €23. They had Mirrors Edge advertised for €16, but were sold out.

I couldn't spot and 2nd hand PS2 games, does Grafton St have a good selection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

Apparently HMV in Cork are accepting them as trade ins, but won't be selling them til next year. I'm assuming this is a combination of trying to build up stock, and also not affect the sales of new games over christmas. I will be interested to see how much they offer for/sell games for.

Advertisement