Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Levin Super strut RAISE suspension...

Options
  • 27-10-2008 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Hey!

I've just been givin the task of raising my mates 97 Levin SuperStrut for the NCT, he got it in lowered to f*#k n has spent manys a night screwing back on the front bumper..

Is it a big job to raise these does anyone know??:confused::confused:

And also I needs new front struts, I've been given the number of "Coture" in Meath, anyone delt with these, they any good?

All replies greatfully appreciated!:)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

How did he get it lowered? Did he get lowering springs put in?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

I was thinkin myself that he would have had to.. but I dont know if that SuperStrut is adjustable or not?? I Googled it but only came up with stuff from old GT4's

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

TBH I don't think superstrut is adjustable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

as far as i know its not adjustable, its a matter of finding out how he lowered it in the first place, if its coilovers its easy just use the keys to higher them, if its springs you need oem replacements, why does he need it higher? my car passed the NCT lowered and stiffened on coilovers

As for the super strut you better hope you dont need a strut from what i hear they are super expensive and alot of lads change them back for the standard setup

oh and coture are class, you will be in good hands

Just my 2cent

Yeah He needs two fronts struts..I rang Toyota toady, they reckon about e3000 for em..haha poor fu*ker!

I think I'll just get onto Coture & order some McPherson struts n slot them in instead.

N I think he's afraid of not being able to get on the ramps without scrapin for the NCT, so I guess he'll need standard springs...

Anyone got any going spare...!?

• Advertisement

Ah cool, must be springs so..more money for him to spend lol

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

man seriously just put it through without highering it, my wheels are nearly tucked under my arches and i passed no bother and no problems with ramps either.

Yeah looks to be the cheapest option too.. only e70 if he fails, cheers

Advertisement