Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade cabs for sale - Tempest/Gorf/Afterburner/Mame

• 27-10-2008 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hello all,

There's a chance I'm going to have to pop my arcade machines collection into storage in a couple of months, so this post is to test the waters to see if anyone is interested in buying them. I know it's probably not the best time in the world to be selling 1980's cabs, but if there's no interest i'll wrap them up warm and pack them away safely :)

OK, quick few pics and info. Anyone interested, please PM me for more details.

Atari Tempest 1981
    Nice colour vector machine, a look and feel that can NEVER be replicated in MAME. 2 working boardsets.
    IMG_2839.jpg

Bally Midway Gorf 1980
    This was very much "my" game back in the day, pristine condition, have my doubts about selling, but open to offers;)
    03122007081.jpg

Sega Afterburner II 1987
    Already had this on on adverts.ie, nice cab...
    IMG_3351.jpg

BAS Jamma cab MAME
    Didn't make this myself, but working well. Big monitor, nice controls, play MAME as it's meant be played!
    03122007082.jpg

So, as I said, just sticking the toe in the water.
    If you're interested, please PM.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

RonnieT nice set of machines there, good luck with the sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

If I had money I'd snap up that Tempest in a heartbeat. It's one of the few games you're never going to replicate in MAME properly. Plus, it's just such a pretty machine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Oh to have my own place and more money than sense. Some day I'll own one.

Those machines really are gorgeous. Are they originals because if they are you should have no problem selling them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Oh to have my own place and more money than sense. Some day I'll own one.

:( If I had the space that Afterburner would be mine.

Maybe if I get rid of my bed and sleep on the floor...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

get a hammock, that would save space and you could have afterburner. lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DocDelphi

RonnieT,
    I'm very interested in your Gorf game. I'm new to this forum. Please let me know how best to contact you. Thanks. John

• Registered Users Posts: 44 RonnieT

Just a little bump on this one...

I've had a good bit of interest via PM on these, but nothing definite.
    Afterburner is 90% sold, but the rest will be going into storage next week if there's no buyers.

So if you fancy some beautifully preserved classics, or a MAME cab without the hassle (and with 1200 games aboard) give me a shout, soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Man, I'd love that mame cab (but was told I don't have the space) .Any budding collectors out there,heed my advice......don't get married :rolleyes: lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

How much for the Mame cab?

Mame cab has been provisionally sold.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 WRabbit

How much is it again?

Gorf and Tempest are no longer for sale.
    Afterburner and MAME cabs are sold.

Thanks for the interest, but thread should have been closed back in 2008, well done for finding it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

RonnieT wrote: »
    but thread should have been closed back in 2008, well done for finding it!

Zombie threads man just love em:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Man, I'd love that mame cab (but was told I don't have the space) .Any budding collectors out there,heed my advice......don't get married :rolleyes: lol

No, just be careful who you marry.. :) my misses was happy with our 6 machines, and bought me a pool table for my birthday :) (sadly it was my sorry ass who got rid of 5 machines.... )

.. and just realised this was an ancient bumped thread.. which was before I sold my machines.. so I can pretend i still have them :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Ah **** I got excited about those machines until I saw how old the thread was, ****ing zombies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I remember it the first time around. Was trying to convince the mother to let me put the Afterburner in her house. Didn't work though :(

Advertisement