Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E51 - smileys???... and Bluetooth/Parrot car kit

• 27-10-2008 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Thanks for all your help earlier picking out a phone - I picked the E51 (obvisouly enough).

I have two questions if anyone can help:

(1) Smiley's - I don't seem to have any on the phone...... is it possible to download them or something.

(2) Blue tooth / car kit. I have a "parrot" blue tooth kit. I have no problems connecting the two - but I cannt "see" my phone book on the parrot, and hence I cannot program the voice commands for voice dialing.... I had no problem with my previous two nokia phones - it found the phone book automatically..... is there something I should do to "enable" it to be seen or something? The devices are "paired" from the best I can see.

Many thanks to anyone that can help.

Regards,

Matsil.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

You get the :) smiley by entering two dots, :-) is three dots. Think that's all there is..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,679 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

flodis79 wrote: »
    You get the :) smiley by entering two dots, :-) is three dots. Think that's all there is..

Have you actually tried this with an E51...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,679 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

matsil wrote: »
    (1) Smiley's - I don't seem to have any on the phone...... is it possible to download them or something.

The current version of the firmware does not support graphical smileys.

Some people claim that it can work when predictive text is on, but it does not seem to be universal, so maybe it exists in some versions of the phone. but not the O2 version anyay...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The smileys work if the phone has them. Sending a text from a E51 to someone who has smileys will see the :) rather than the : ) you type into the phone. Works both ways. If they dont have a compatiable phone, they just see what you type eg : )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Have you actually tried this with an E51...

Yes i have, it's working fine with T9. I thought it was universal for all S60 phones. Perhaps not..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭tech

press 1 twice to get a smile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

My girlfriend had the exact same problems.

The parrott kit allows you to set up voice dialing and the E51 can read out your txt through the carkit :-)

1. There may be a 3rd party app that will allow to import smileys. Try Google.

2. Is your carkit the Partott CK300 or 310. If it is you need to send your contacts via Bluetooth. There is an option on the E51 phonebook that allows you to select all your contacts and then Bluetooth the contacts to the carkit

Menu
    Contacts
    Options
    Mark/Unmark -> Mark All
    Options
    Send businness card -> Via Bluetooth

The E51 will search for Bluetooth devices. Select the carkit and that should send your contacts to the carkit

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭matsil

Dammer wrote: »
    My girlfriend had the exact same problems.

The parrott kit allows you to set up voice dialing and the E51 can read out your txt through the carkit :-)

1. There may be a 3rd party app that will allow to import smileys. Try Google.

2. Is your carkit the Partott CK300 or 310. If it is you need to send your contacts via Bluetooth. There is an option on the E51 phonebook that allows you to select all your contacts and then Bluetooth the contacts to the carkit

Menu
    Contacts
    Options
    Mark/Unmark -> Mark All
    Options
    Send businness card -> Via Bluetooth

The E51 will search for Bluetooth devices. Select the carkit and that should send your contacts to the carkit

Good luck

Sounds good - will try in the morning.... thanks a mil.

Advertisement