Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visonic powermax plus alarm help

Options
  • 27-10-2008 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

I have one of these wireless alarms it has 28 wireless and 2 hardwired zones
    I have wireless detectors on all windows and doors except the front door which is nearest the panel. I want to hardwire this door. The two hardwired connectors on the panel have resistors across them, do I need to discard the resistors or leave them there?
    Tia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

I'm not familiar with those alarms, but if there are resistors fitted I'd say leave them there. I'd guess they wouldn't have been put there if they had to be removed. Could be to limit the power going to the sensors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I'm not sure what value the resistor is but we'll call it X. You need to place the resistor in series with the detector on the front door, ideally in the detector at the door. The panel needs to see X ohms all the time. When the zone is open this value will be zero.
    Alternatively, but not recommended, you could remove one leg of the resistor from the terminal in the panel and connect it to one wire from the detector and place the other wire in the other terminal.
    Clear as Mud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭The Security ma

Correct, as above.
    The resistors are 2.2 Ohm (2K2).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Jnealon
    When the zone is open this value will be zero.

Not correct. When the zone is open the resistance does not go to zero, in fact the opposite happens. The resistance increases dramatically and the ohm meter will read infinity (or maximum resistance).

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

fishdog wrote: »
    Jnealon

Not correct. When the zone is open the resistance does not go to zero, in fact the opposite happens. The resistance increases dramatically and the ohm meter will read infinity (or maximum resistance).

Presuming you meter is auto-ranging

• Advertisement
Advertisement