Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Daewoo Kalos- Fix indoor Light

Options
  • 27-10-2008 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭

How do you change/fix the light indoor light?
    It has gone a few times and have always brought it back to the garage to
    replace the bulb.
    But can I do it myself?

I told them I was worried that it would go every year or so and that it might be an electrical issue but was told its a common problem with my car.
    BS if you ask me...

So how do I do it lads?

But stupid I know!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Remove the light unit. A flat head screw driver should remove it or something thin and strong. Make sure not to damage headliner or mouldings. One slip can put a nasty scratch or tear.

Take out the bulb, usually festoon. Not many people on this forum would have a Kalos I'd imagine so Im only guessing.

You can measure the festoon with a measuring tape. Bring it to the motor factors and ask for a festoon bulb that measurements.

Or: Bring the festoon in with you and hand it to him. You can buy a high power LED bulb which will last 50,000 hours. Thats what I use in my car.

Brilliant bulbs. More expensive than a regular festoon. Im linking to a 42mm but they are available in different sizes.

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/264-led-extreme-power-festoon-bulbs-42mm-c-610-p-1-pr-16364.html

Advertisement