Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone or ?

• 27-10-2008 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

I'm thinkin of maybe gettin an iphone around xmas, or poss after if there may be offers on em. I'm wonderin tho if theres anythin else for potential similar money that may as good.Think its about 170 for an 8g one. I don't really like the pay 45 a month 175 mins and 100 texts, and internet access. the 65 a month option is that bit much for me. Internets not that important to me, I'd rather pay for the odd days usage, or think on some phones you can pay 7.50 or so for the month, for enough access to check mails. I'd rather have more minutes for my dosh
    I like the organizer function and general coolness of the it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

well the g1 should be here soon.........
    or even the samsung omnia...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭patjunfa

Sounds a bit daft, but I'm looking for a phone that has a good organiser on it. I like doing lists for various activitys. I can't find this on other phones, so its a pda, or ? the iphone seems to have it, as well as loads of funky features. Wifi is nice too.
    Does the samsung omnia have this? It seems hard to guess its price too. the k800i doesn't seem to.
    I'd like to use internet, but not v often

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

You need to get into an O2, carphone warehouse and spend some time with an iPhone because honestly, I don't really think the iPhone is for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

OP, take a look at nokia phones, such as N series and E series phones, or any symbian OS phones. There are hundreds of different third party organiser programs available for these that could in fact be better than the in built iphone app. Some may cost €10 to download, but my be worth it in the long run (better than paying 45 a month, eh?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭patjunfa

I know I looked at the nokia E51, which seems like a great phone, except for the tasks\ to do list function which like most others generates 1 long list, rather than being able to catogorise, work, various hobbies, etc. Dividin into folders.
    "third party organiser programs available "You mean payin to download a prog from somewhere n installin it? can you do this with many phones? If so that'd help alot.
    I met a mate who impressed me with his iphone, n I liked the organizer, but I'd defo plan on fully checkin it out b4 buyin, n if I could get somethin cheaper that suit's my needs, with a better bill option that'd b great.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

patjunfa wrote: »
    I met a mate who impressed me with his iphone, n I liked the organizer...
    What was he using for an organiser?

The calender function syncs with your MS outlook alright, but other than that the functionality is fairly basic.

Advertisement